Chapter 4

The first couple of weeks of term went by as usual. The students got used to their schedules and shared summer stories with their friends.

Of course, Fred and George pranked as if they would never be able to prank again. Harry and Ron talked about Sirius Black, quidditch, and not much else. Hermione immersed herself in studying. Siera was happy to be at Hogwarts, she loved learning new things and being around all of the people she held dear. Most of all she loved how peaceful it could be. These halls made her feel at home more than the shack she shared with her mother ever could. 

Siera was surprised to find she actually enjoyed Defense Against the Dark Arts this year. 

Professor Lupin had proved himself to be a great wizard, who not only truly knew what he was teaching but actually cared about helping his students learn. She found herself flourishing in his class. He'd even told her himself she was doing well.

But as great as this year seemed to be going, Siera had been having trouble sleeping lately, plagued by bad dreams and a nagging sense of worry. The girls she shared a dorm room with had told Hermione and Ginny and now Siera was being pestered by both of the younger witches about what was wrong with her.

She knew her friends meant well, but she wasn't ready to tell them about the things that bothered her. Things that neither of them could in any way relate to. It had been nerve-wracking enough telling George, and she'd been friends with him and Fred since their first day at Hogwarts. 

So she changed the subject or just shrugged it off. Eventually, they'd stop asking her about it-

 Or they would ask the boys to help them. That was apparently, what they had chosen to do.

Siera was in the common room, her legs tucked under her and a scroll of parchment in her hands. She was supposed to be drawing a diagram of a Bicorn,  and then write 8 inches about their horn and its uses. Instead, she found herself absentmindedly drawing George, trying to get the look he'd been making earlier that morning when he'd tried talking Professor McGonagall out of giving him and Fred detention. He had looked mischievous, but sweet. Smiling and even batting his eyelashes. Siera giggled.

When her friends came bursting through the portrait hole, the entire group of them rushed towards Siera. She hastily stored her quill and parchment before any of them noticed what she'd been drawing.

"We know something is wrong with you," Hermione said. "And if you won't tell me or Ginny, and you refuse to talk to one of the Professors or Madame Pomfrey then you've left me no choice."

"Is this an intervention?"

"I actually don't know what this is," Fred said, looking towards George.

"Hermione said you were in trouble so we came," George told her. He scanned her head to toe quickly as if looking for any injuries. 

Siera sighed and stood up, "I'm not in trouble. Hermione, Ginny, I appreciate your concern but really it's nothing either of you should be worried about."

"So there is something wrong?" George asked. 

Siera looked over to him and hesitated as their eyes met. His were so warm, and soft. She could fall into those eyes if she looked too long, she thought. She remembered that night on the roof before the term had started. 

"Come with me." Siera grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the portrait hole. Hermione and Ginny started to follow but Fred stepped in front of them. "Come on, give the two of them some privacy, aye?" 

Once in the hall, Siera led George around a corner. She looked around them, making sure  no one else was within ear shot. She started to open her mouth and then stopped. She'd been so determined there for a moment, now she felt shy, almost. Was it really okay to lay all of this on him?