Chapter 23.

Jungle by Emma Louise  

People want me to make a spin off of Vince and Caroline's past. I know how I want both their past life's to go but I feel like that story would be too sad and upsetting for some people.
Idk let me know people!

Anyways, time jump guys!

Enjoy!

---------------------------------------------

Four years later...

"Holy shit," Ben groans and rolls over, the sweat glistening on his bare chest.

"Right," I reply breathlessly. "That was..."

"Fucking horrible. I swear he's trying to kill us. I mean we train hard everyday, you'd think the man could give us a little break."

I laugh and shield my eyes from the hot sun. "Your head warrior. Thought you'd be used to this by now."

"Hell no," he exclaims and grabs a handful of grass. "I like fighting but running is a different story. I've never liked running. Plus alphas adding miles to each run."

"Cry baby," I mutter.

"Shut up." He glares at me while sitting up.
Ben wore only a pair of basketball shorts, just like every time we trained. While I stay laying down in my black jogging shorts and sports bra.

"I don't understand how you can hate running. You're a Lycan."

"Lycans can get tired too, Lee. We're not invincible," he says throwing his arm up.

"I know I know, I just like pushing your buttons," I laugh and poke his ribs. Ben swats my hand away and gets up.

"Leave me alone," he pouts and starts walking away. I laugh and follow him inside the pack house.

The smell of food attacks my nostrils and I groan in happiness. Olivia likes to get a head start on our barbecues. Always cooking a day ahead.

Olivia and Ben were a year older than me. She was Bens mate. They grew up together so, Ben always treated Olly like a princess. I envied their relationship, honestly. I wished I had a mate that looked at me the way Ben looked at Olly.

As we enter the kitchen, Olly turns around holding her 8 month old belly. Yes, she was pregnant and Ben couldn't be more excited. Olly had short blonde hair with pale skin and dark blue eyes. She was gorgeous with her pregnant glow.

I loved babies but I knew I would probably never have any of my own. Pups aren't really an option if you don't have your mate. No mate and no complete bond equals no heat. No heat, no pups. And the Lycans that do lose their mates either stay lonely or go to the human world and try to find love there. I remember having that conversation with Jensen.

**Flashback **

"Its not easy to love again, LeeAna," he says.

"Why not? I can just find a human or another mateless Lycan," My eighteen year old self exclaims. I've been here for almost a year, meaning my nineteenth birthday was coming up.

He chuckles. "Its not that easy, LeeAna. You will always compare others to your mate. Always. Because in reality LeeAna, they will never be good enough. You will force yourself to think your happy when really," he looks at me with sad eyes, "all you'll want and think about is your other half."