{Where the birds Hide} [Slash] (Oneshot)

A/N

All oneshots/drabbles are strictly that and wont ever be full length stories. Sorry, no amount of persuasion will change that. ;)

Rated for sexual themes, boys who curse like sailors,  and mild violence.

Word count: 7,640

Where the birds Hide

The entire situation had been accidental, a set up worthy of a Nancy Drew novel—minus the murder mysteries.

Angel hadn't even been planning on coming over that day, his plan was to try and flirt with Becky from fifth period, maybe conveniently run into her down at the mall where it was common knowledge she frequents every Saturday. The girl could be on her death bed and Angel doubted she'd care. But she was a good looking girl, with auburn tinged hair and hazel eyes, good tits and an eager smile—you just couldn't find combinations like that in high school these days, he needed to act fast before she decided her nonexistent virginity actually mattered.

That's around the time his best friend Dylan called him up and said he'd be coming home early.

It was the middle of April, right smack dab in the middle of spring break and Dylan had left with his parents a week and half before the two weeks break started, going on holiday to visit a few family members up in Newfoundland, while Angel toiled away here and tried to occupy his time any way possible.

Now—this posed a problem. He could go off and proposition smoking hot Becky or go hang out with Dylan like a good best friend should. But...Dylan would understand. He knew Angel had a libido to keep up with—it wasn't exactly a secret. Though, they also agreed—as cheesy as it sounds—that their friendship would always be far more important than any chick (no matter how nice her tits were). Huh. He probably should've paid more attention in his debate class.

Eventually Angel settled on something along the lines of 'I've got all week to get laid' and set off towards Dylan's house. He pulled a hoodie over his head (because the clouded sky above didn't promise any warm weather) and called a cab to his house. Now, Angel was perfectly capable of driving his parents' car. He'd gone through the trials of Driver's ED and eventually made it out alive—with the edition of a new license. He simply liked cabs, made him feel like he was from some big city that actually mattered. He also liked the cab drivers—they were always chatty people once you got them going and Angel took cabs so often that most of them knew him by name.

This time he lucked out and happened to get one of his favorites.

Angel jerked the handle back with a grin, sliding into the front seat cheekily. "Kid, what've I told you 'bout sittin' in the front seat? Customers sit 'n the back."

"Aw, is that any way to greet your favorite customer, Louie? I thought we were friends!"

Louie rolled his eyes, tan fingers running along the steering wheel as he started off down the street once more. "Last time you were in my cab, you and your little friend spilled fucking god-knows-what on my back seat and it took me ferever to clean that sticky shit off the leather."

"I notice you're driving. I haven't told you where to go yet," Angel pointed out, ignoring his first statement, altogether.

"I can see a ten stickin' out yer pocket. I assume a ten means Dylan's?"

Angel barked a bit of laughter, running his pale fingers through his thick black hair, green eyes regarding him with a smirk. "Oh Louie, you know me so well."

"Yeah, well, been driving you 'round on occasion ever since you were fucking thirteen. What kind of parents you got that lets their kid ride 'round in taxies whenever he feels like it?"