Chapter 5

I was late to class and my professor didn't even let me in. It's all because of Jayson. That asshole! I walked into the toilet and poured soap all over my finger. I tried to get it out.

Why the hell is he thinking?

I kept trying and trying but it made my finger blue. I decided to stop because my finger hurts so much. He's making my life harder and I told myself I don't want to get into trouble.

I walked to the cafeteria and bought myself a drink. I'm exhausted. My phone vibrated and I took it out to see a message from Chance.

Got to school already? Wanna grab dinner together?

I smiled and replied him.

I have a part time job, next time.

I sent it to him. I smiled thinking about Chance. He's cute and I like him better than Jayson. Jayson is a definition of a jerk. After I took a break, I decided to go to the cafe. Chance texted me again asking where I work and I told him where.

I got into the cafe and started to work. Today is pretty busy for some reason and I'm tired physically and mentally. Kevin can't come today because he has some an important project. I turned to the clock and it's 7.30.

I bid my goodbye to other coworkers, I went yo my locker room to change my clothes. I grabbed my bag and walked out.

"Hey." Chance was already waiting for me right outside the cafe.

"Hey." I smiled.

"You're done for the day right?" He asked.

"Yes."

"Have you eat dinner?"

"No, not yet." I shook my head.

"Let's go."

"What? Where?" I looked at him confused.

"Let's eat dinner." He said and he pushed me into his car. I got in and he quickly got into the driver seat. He drove us to an Italian restaurant and I knew that this restaurant is pretty expensive.

"Chance, this place is expensive. I don-"

"Don't worry, I got you. It's on me, I want to take you to dinner so bad." He said and I shook my head.

"Look, we just met and I don't like it. I don't like eating at a place like this, I'm sorry but I have to go." I said and he stopped me.

"Elsa, I'm sorry. It's just I wan-"

"I know but you should ask me first. I'm not comfortable." I said and got out from his car. He stopped me.

"I'm sorry, I promise I won't be like this again. Please don't be mad and ditch me." He begged and I sighed.

"Okay, please don't this again."

"Sorry."

"It's fine." I said and my phone rang. I took it out and it's Jayson. I rejected the call but he called again.

"How about we get.. in-n-out?" Chance suggested.

"That's better." I said.

"Let's go!" Chance grabbed my hand. My phone kept ringing non-stop and I decided to take it.

"Elsa! Is that you?" I turned to see Sarah with Jayson.

"Sarah!" Chance let me go and Sarah hugged me. I turned to Jayson but he was busy glaring at Chance.

"I miss you." Sarah said.

"I miss you too!" I said as I turned to her.

"Have you eat?" She asked.

"I just got off work."

"Jayson didn't even care huh?" Sarah turned to Jayson.

"He cares, don't worry." I assured her.

"How about we eat together?" Sarah asked and I turned to Chance. He looked at me sadly.

"Is this your friend?" Sarah asked.

"Yes."

"He can join us." Oh no. Sarah didn't even let me answer, she grabbed my hand and dragged me into the restaurant. I turned to see Jayson and Chance walking in.

I sat down and Jayson sat in front of me. Chance sat beside me and Sarah said in front of Chance. The waiter gave us the menu and my eyes widen seeing the price. I knew this restaurant will be expensive but it seemed the three of them doesn't care.

I ordered the cheapest one and I gave the menu back. I turned to Chance and he looked at me knowing what I did.

"Can you introduce your friend?" I turned to Sarah and I forgot about that.

"Sorry, this is Chance. He's my new friend." I introduced him to her.

"Chance, maam." Chance politely put his hand in front of her.

"I'm Sarah, Elsa's future mother in law." Oh God, please help me.

"Nice to meet you." Chance said and I'm surprised that he didn't say or ask about the situation.

"Do you know him Jayson?" Sarah turned to Jayson and I knew she's suspicious but I know Jayson wanted her to see this side of me.

"I don't know him." Jayson answered and Sarah looked at Chance suspiciously.

"So.. when will you two plan the wedding?" Sarah asked me and Jayson.

"Soon, mom. We're still young so there's no point of rushing." Jayson answered and I nodded.

"Why later? You already proposed her and there's no point of waiting." Sarah said and our food came. I looked down to see my pasta and I don't even want to eat anymore.

"Elsa, what do you think about having the wedding in 2 months?" Sarah asked.

"I think we should wait, we're still young. I want to graduate first and-" Chance gave me some oe his steak and I turned to him.

"And I have other things that I want to do." I continued.

"I see but you can do that after the wedding too. I think it-"

"Mom, you're scaring her!" Jayson stopped her.

"I like her a lot and I want her to be my daughter in law so bad." She turned to Jayson glaring at him and Jayson looked at her confused.

"Eat up, you're hungry." Chance said and I turned to him smiling.

"Okay." I said as I grabbed my fork.

"Try the steak, it's good." Chance added.

"Thank you." We talked through dinner and I can say Sarah doesn't like Chance very much. It was intense and when we're done, I walked with Chance first.

"Thank you, Chance." I said because he's the one who paid.

"You're welcome."

"You don't want to ask me?" I asked and he shook his head.

"I know you're single and you're just trapped in this situation." He said and I nodded.

"Thank you for understanding." I said and he patted my head.

"Let me take you home."

"I'll take her home." I turned to see Jayson.

"Let Jayson take you home, Elsa."

"It's okay, I can go back with a taxi." I said and turned to Chance to say goodbye but Jayson suddenly picked me up on his shoulder.

"I'm taking you home, let's go." He said and Sarah helped him to open the door. He put me inside his car and I waved at Chance.

"Let's go." Jayson said and I turned to Sarah who got into the back seat.

"Let's go home."