Chapter 7

"Alright before we begin class, I want to announce that there is a field trip coming up." My teacher started recieving some cheers from the class. "It will be combined with 5 other classes from other teachers. We will be going to a beach and staying there for 3 days. If you would like to go, you must bring in $100 to me in about a month for the resort, also for the trip itself you must bring money for food and whatever else. Any questions?"

I sat there while the other students asked their questions feeling really excited. This trip was a must. After the teacher handed me my permission slip I texted Dani under the table telling her that we would be going and looked over at her who smiled as response. I could finally get away.

"I cannot wait for lunch." Dani smiled when class ended and we headed to the cafeteria. Since we just had double lab that day, we walked to lunch together, where most days we didn't. 

"Yeah I'm starving." I responded and placed a hand over my stomach for effect.

"You'll see." She said and continued walking with a grin that extended from ear to ear.

"What the heck are you talking about?" I eyed her questioningly. She wasn't one to be secretive, and I'm pretty sure she didn't mean I would see how hungry I was.

"You'll see." She said again the smile only growing.

"Dani! Don't do this to me. You know I hate secrets."

"Yup." She poked my nose. I punched her in the arm.

"You'll regret this." I tried to be intimidating but I was nervous. Dani was never like this. Even if she bought me a birthday gift, she would tell me right when she got it. She could not be secretive to save her life. So pigs must have been flying for her to start now.

I sat down with my lunch and saw Dani smiling while she ate. I looked over to Rick who was twiddling his thumbs, looking nervous.

"If neither of you tell me what the hell is up, I'm never talking to either of you again." I said finally, my paranoia getting the best of me.

Rick let out a breath and then looked me straight in the face. "Alex." He said with so much seriousness I had to quickly look out the window to see if there really were flying pigs. "I know we are just friends and all, and I don't want things to get awkward or for you to hate me but would you go out with me?" He paused, but then quickly added, "I understand if you say no and I wouldn't be upset-"

He continued his rant while what he said sunk in. Rick was asking me out. I had never thought of him as a boyfriend, but he really was a charmer. I looked into his beautiful nervous eyes and all doubt left me, "Yeah!" I said excitedly and he kind of looked at me in disbelief.

"Really?" He asked unsure.

"I would love to go out on a date with you." I smiled and he smiled back.

Then Dani squealed loudly causing us both to look over at her. "I'm so excited for you both. I told you you would see girly." She poked my nose again.

I was gonna go out on a date with Rick. I wonder what I will wear.

It was finally Friday night, date night and I was looking in my closet at the lacking assortment of date clothes. I needed to hit a mall. When I told my mom she was really excited and my dad rolled his eyes when my mom cued him in. However she wasn't so into it and that kind of concerned me because she was a really overdramatic parent and this was my first official date. I had only three other dates, that did become boyfriends, but I never bothered telling her since I was so young.

I finally settled on a red shirt and a long flowly skirt that reminded me of the flamenco dresses but not as flowly and astonishing. My mom smiled at me, still seeming a bit distant and my dad somewhat scowled. I went to get a drink of water and my dad stopped me in the kitchen mid sip.

"Listen, I know you're growing up but don't blame me for not liking you dating." He said looking awkward which made me feel like a child. "Just don't have sex, but if you do don't be pregnant-" I covered my ears feeling my face warm up at the awkward talk and I went over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

"Dad, believe me, I won't be having sex for a while." I immediately remembered almost getting raped and felt sick. However my dad squeezed me back and I felt better just as soon.

"Okay. I believe you." He said and a smile spread across my face. It was nice to be trusted.

In that moment the doorbell rang, and I ran to the door to answer it before my mother could. I did take note on how effortlessly my skirt flowed along behind me. I opened it to reveal Rick who was wearing a plain blue tee, dark jeans, and bright white sneakers. Even in the night his eyes were stunning.

"Bye mom and dad!" I yelled and quickly pulled him away from my house.

"Good bye Mr. and Mrs. Moore" Rick politely called over his shouldeer as I tugged him away.

We hadn't spoken much during the car ride due to the awkwardness since we were friends. Once we got into the theater I started to feel more calm with all the open space and other people. We ordered some snacks and drinks and had to wait a little while to go into our movie theater because we were still early.

"I've been waiting to see this movie forever now!" I exclaimed now feeling relaxed with some popcorn. I only ate a handful but had to stop myself before I ate it all before the movie even started. I was never good with being patient. "And to make matters better you're paying." I laughed at my joke although he was indeed paying.

"Ha.Ha. shut up." He said and pushed me on my seat. I almost fell off being caught off guard which made him laugh for real. We laughed for a while at the situation and soon all of our nerves were gone.

Finally it was time to go into the theater and we sat at the very top and center being the first ones in there. The movie wasn't very recent and I knew we wouldn't be joined by too many people. We laughed and acted childish, play fighting and throwing popcorn at each other until more people started arriving. I always felt comfortable around Rick and I was glad this time was no different.

Halfway through the movie and my stomach completely filled with a large Sprite I had to go pee badly. I didn't want to miss the movie but I also didn't want to explode. "Hey, I'm going to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I whispered over at Rick and he nodded in understanding. I scooted pass the viewers and almost tripped on my skirt but managed to stay fine. I hurried down the stairs watching as much of the movie I could before I left.

After peeing I started back and noticed a familiar face coming out of the boy's restroom. I physically frowned when I noticed it was the last member in Clyde's close group of friends, Julian Delgado Soto. The only hispanic in the group who was the shortest standing only a foot or two taller than me, with a black buzzcut and he was also the least muscular, but still very cut. His eyes were a dull brown and he was probably the nicest in the group from as far as I've witnessed but he was still a member of the terrible committee and I didn't want him to bother me. At least not on such a good night.

"Hey! You're Alexa. Alexa, uh, uh, Moore!" He happily declared, my frown deepend. "Why are you looking at me like that?" He gave me a questioning look and only got closer.

"And you're Julian Soto." My tone matched my expression, "I don't like your whole friendship ring." I said honestly emphasizing whole.

His eyes widened in a look of realization. "Hey, you're the one Will and James were messing with. Damn I'm sorry. When Clyde told me I was so pissed. They can be terrible sometimes." He said and sat down on a nearby bench by the water fountains gesturing me to follow. I did, although upset that Clyde was telling people my business. I figured he might be able to tell me what Clyde said about me. Oh how I hated this kids guts for talking about me to his dirty friends. Well he was a dirty bastard himself. "But I'm not bad peoples." He smiled and his pearly whites were just stunning.

"I bet." I rolled my eyes sarcastically but couldn't help but smile since at him.

"No really! We should be friends. Clyde is always talking about you. Well just to me anyways." He said and I snorted. Clyde was talking about me to everyone. Anger built up inside of me but I didn't let it show. He had said he wanted to be my friend. Or was that a trick?

"What has Clyde told you about me?" He met my eyes and opened his mouth but then quickly closed it looking like he realized something else. "Tell me!" I begged and grabbed his arm in desperation. It wasn't a good look but why care. I was probably some b!tch in his eyes anyways.

"I shouldn't." He said firmly and I knew he would be of no help.

I groaned and stood up. "Well I'm missing my movie so bye." My voice was angrier than I would have liked, but angry was okay.

"Wait!" He said and grabbed my arm. I grinned and turned around looking innocent waiting for him to spill. "You're smart right?" My look immediately became a mixture of confusion and shock at how random that was.

"Yes?" I said but it sounded more like a question.

"Could you possibly tutor me?" He looked down embarrassed and I almost grabbed his adorable cheek wanting to squeal out baby noises at how cute it was to see a 'tough' guy feel embarrassed.

I chuckled lightly instead but happily obliged. He really wasn't too bad after all. Or so I hoped. Damn my trusting ways. After that we exchanged numbers so he could contact me when he needed and I made my way back to the theater.

There wasn't much of the movie left, but I enjoed the ending and got to laugh a few times. Rick drove me home and we said our good byes and hugged awkwardly. I walked in my house blushing at how strange it was to say good bye and luckily my parents were already asleep. They did have to leave to work early the next day.

Author's note: Not too long and not too interesting but these type of chapters have to be done. However I must say the next chapter should be a lot more interesting and some things will be revealed and some tears will be shed. And I say that with a devilish smile. >:D