Chapter 46 - Hope

I don't normally promote or give shoutouts (which is something I should seriously start doing), but Phavath D / yinchipmik recently started a Youtube channel. He only has one video up at the moment but I find it entertaining and funny! If you're interested you should totally check it out. (Channel link in the External link)

I'm sorry this went up late! I got a little side tracked and realized I still had more writing to do!

Also, just a quick side note, I don't think I want this book to contain smut (or at least as much as my last book). I'm not very comfortable writing it and don't feel like it would fit with this story.

Song: Foreign Fields - Perfect Home (Play the song)

Theo's POV

(Play the song)

I got in my car and drove off towards the bridge. It was really pouring out. I was suddenly regretting not bringing an umbrella. I won't be there too long so I guess it doesn't really matter, I could just find a tree to sit under or something. When I finally reached the location I pulled off to the side of the road and locked my car. I pulled my jacket over my head to guard me from the oncoming rain as I jogged off towards a tree. It was very gloomy out, but also quite peaceful, which was what I was hoping for. As I was walking I heard a noise, it sounded like sobbing? It was coming from the bridge. I crept over, trying not to draw attention. I saw a dark figure moving towards the edge of the bridge. There wasn't enough light to make out who it was. When I realized what they were doing I called out them.

"Hey, w-what the hell are you doing?!" I yelled in a hushed voice, hoping not to startle them. Their head snapped towards me. They quickly back up from the edge. I approached slowly, hoping to see their face. I pulled out my phone and guarded it from the rain while using it as a source of light. It seemed like the world had frozen over when I saw who it was standing there. It was Keegan, he was covered head to toe in cuts and bruises.

"Keegan?" I called in disbelief. He looked tired, scared, and sad. Rain soaked his hair and ran down his cheeks, but even then I still could tell he'd been crying, the puffiness under his eyes gave it away. I found my body moving towards him on its own, but as I approached he stepped backwards. He stumbled onto the ground whimpering from the pain. He scrambled backwards on the ground, trying to get away from me, but I had no idea why. He can't be this scared of me after I snapped at him, right? Its not like I pushed him hard enough to hurt him... right? Even though I knew he didn't want me near him I could stop myself from moving. He curled up, backed into a pole.

"I-I'm sorry!" He repeatedly cried looking up at me, frightened. Even after all that's happened my heart ached seeing him like this. When I got close enough I saw that he was shaking violently. He was soaked from head to toe, his clothes sticking to his frame. I felt a lump in my throat as I saw how bad the extent of his cuts and bruises were. I knelt down in front of him and wrapped my arms around his quivering body. He stiffened at first then began to relax as we sat like that for awhile, though his cries became more pronounced, staining my shirt as he laid his face onto my chest. I placed my jacket over him to keep him warm. His small hands grasped at the front of my shirt as I slowly moved a hand up and down his back. My reality seemed to crack seeing him in such a poor state. Is this my fault? Could I have been wrong about him? Was I the reason he was trying to take his life? I don't know... I guess I'll find out soon enough. All I could do right now was hold him tight. I couldn't fathom the thought of someone taking their life... especially if I'm involved.