4: Proposition

"So, the proposition you have is what exactly?" I asked Katherine, as i trudged into the house

"Before we start talking about that," Katherine shut the front door before grabbing my shoulders and stared into my eyes. "Everything i tell you, will stay between the two of us. You will forget everything, including seeing me, the second you leave. And you will only remember when we're together. Do you understand?"

"I understand." I stated in monotone, blinking hard after she let go of my shoulders. I looked at my left wrist quickly, noticing my vervain bracelet was no longer there. Katherine glanced down at my wrist at the same time.

"Don't worry, it's in Tyler's father's office." She said, walking toward the lounge room to the right of the front door. "Sit, we'll talk." I sighed, hating taking orders, but sitting on the couch anyways.

"I know you probably think you know everything about me. The girl who dated both of the Salvatore brothers, breaking both of their hearts by faking my death, and turning them both into vampires." Katherine paused, watching me nod, "That's not exactly what happened."

"If i'm going to be honest, i couldn't care less about your whole life story." i hummed, still slightly intoxicated.

"Well, you need to hear it." Katherine gnarled, "Before i turned, i met a hybrid named Klaus. He was very gentlemanly at first, when he wasn't being a complete ass. After a little while spending time with him and his brother, i found out they were only being nice because they wanted to drain me of my blood to break a curse that was set on Klaus."

"Yadda, yadda, yadda. I need a drink." I groaned, leaning back, tossing my head over the edge of the couch.

Katherine glared at me before standing and walking to the table in the corner of the room. "I was only seventeen at the time, and i obviously didn't want to die, so i ran. I ended up killing myself with vampire blood in my system, turning myself into a vampire." Katherine made me and herself both drinks, bringing one to me before sitting where she was. "That upset Klaus, to say the least."

I could feel myself sobering up, the ache in my stomach becoming dominate again. I chugged whatever alcohol was in the glass within seconds. "Why was he mad about that? You can't die as a vampire, so he could have drained even more blood."

"Because he needed human blood for his little ritual." Katherine sipped her glass, "And that's why you need to know my story. The curse didn't need Katherine Pierce's blood to be broken, it needed Petrova Doppelganger blood."

"Why should i care? I'm not a doppel-whatever the hell it is." I shrugged, unsure of what the word she had said was.

"Because Elena is a doppelganger. Klaus doesn't know that Elena exists, but he more than likely will find out soon enough. Which means, he will be coming to Mystic Falls to sacrifice her the second he finds out. There is nothing you can about saving Elena, so don't get any dumb ideas." Katherine sighed, "He also needs a vampire and a werewolf to be sacrificed, and i'm not sure who he is planning on using yet, but i can protect you if you help me."

"Help you with what?" I stood up and filled my glass.

"I want Stefan back. I've always loved him, and i made him a promise that i intend to keep. But he is under the impression that i am a monster, so i can't just walk up and ask for him back."

"What am i supposed to do? Tell him that you're not a monster? He and i aren't really friends." I squinted at her, sitting back down after finishing my glass, which i was still unsure of what type of alcohol i was consuming.

"I know exactly what you two are, or were." Katherine smirked, tilting her head to the left. "But trust me, i'm his first love, he will come back to me once he realizes i'm the girl he fell in love with, expect with fangs."

Although i was becoming more intoxicated, the ache in my stomach wasn't going away. I held my stomach lightly with my right hand, taking a deep breath. "What are you talking about? Stefan and I aren't anything. He's dating my sister, that's it."

Katherine squinted at me, glancing at my stomach. She leaned forward quickly, staring at my eyes again, "Tell me everyone you've ever loved more than a friend."

"I used to love Tyler, but i never acted on it because i didn't want to ruin our friendship. I don't think I've really loved anyone. I mean, i have feelings for Damon now, but he's kind of an asshole." I stated, not liking how it came out so willingly. Nobody ever knew that i had feeling for Tyler before Chicago, besides Katherine now.

"Huh," Katherine laughed, "You don't remember."

"You're the second person who has said that to me in the last two days. What do you mean? What don't i remember?" I glanced at her, forgetting the ache for a second.

"Well, you had a first love, who you obviously had compelled away. This is great for me, really, perfect." Katherine smiled to herself, "One less person to fight for his affection."

"I am not drunk enough." I groaned, running my hand down my face.

"Well, we're done here. You can leave." Katherine stood, walking to the front door, opening it for me. I sighed as i stood and walked towards her. "Y'know, i think you and i could be good friends one day."

"And i think your crazy." I smiled falsely as i left the house.

-

I walked into the Salvatore's boarding house after stopping at the Lockwood Mansion to get my bracelet. "Where the hell have you been?" Damon stomped down the stairs to meet me at the front door.

"Tyler's house." I stated calmly, walking to lay down on the couch.

"No, you weren't. I searched the house before i left last night, and i also went back this morning to check again, and Carol said you weren't there." Damon crossed his arm as he hovered over me.

"Then you must have missed a room because i was there." I groaned, now annoyed as well as tired. "Can we talk about this after i sleep a little? I'm exhausted, and my stomach doesn't feel so great, so if you don't mind." I covered my eyes with my arm to darken the room.

"Okay, first i have to deal with an extremely pissed Stefan, then a super worried Elena, and now you, who obviously doesn't remember a damn thing about last night because you were not at the Lockwood's!"

"Can you just -" I raised my arm to push my finger against his lips. "just, shh. We can talk in a few hours."

I closed my eyes, falling asleep quickly.

//

an ;; yay, so here's a chapter I don't completely hate! I hope you guys like it as well, please vote and comment, I love reading all your comments :))

questions ;;

» How old are you guys?

My stats say 42% of you are 13-18, 23% of you are 18-25, and 5% of you are over 25. (30% of your ages are private.) I'm 16, by the way, I'll be 17 in a month!

» where are you guys from?

My stats say 61% of you are from the US, 3% of you are from Canada, 6% of you are from Australia, and 11% of you are from the UK. The rest of the countries have less than 1%! I'm from the US, from the Pacific-Northwest to be more specific :))