one

"Luke! Hey, Luke! Wake up!"

One freezing bucket of ice and one slap in the face later, Luke Hemmings woke up in a Los Angeles hotel room, shivering and red in the face.

After regaining consciousness, he pulled the hotel sheets back over his head and nearly screamed.

His bandmates had snapped him out of an amazing dream, one that felt so real. In the dream he finally met the love of his life: the girl he'd been fantasizing over ever since he could remember.

Anna Coletta Rihvalsky.

She was a girl he'd idolized ever since age thirteen, where he saw her Ellen interview on live television giving a speech about saving endangered penguins.

And from then on, he was in love. With her. And with penguins.

He developed some sort of creepy obsession: watching every interview she'd ever done, every photoshoot she'd ever shot.

She was gorgeous, and Luke knew he had absolutely no chance with her. The closest he'd gotten to her acknowledging his existence was getting her to follow him back on Instagram, but Luke was pretty sure it was because he was friends with Harry Styles. (She was friends with Harry, too.)

Besides, Anna was a tan, brunette, size zero model, and Luke was Luke. She was at least ten-times more famous than he was (which was saying a lot, because Luke Hemmings was pretty damn famous).

She had so many connections with so many different people, and Luke had no one but his three best friends.

She knew everyone who was anyone, and Luke just knew One Direction and All Time Low. (Not that they weren't good enough, because they totally were.)

To top it all off, Luke knew that in her world, everything was a business deal. And everything had to be done secretly.

Luke was no stranger to constant traveling, busy schedules, and heavily managed lives. In fact, he was living one right now as an active member of a famous band, 5 Seconds of Summer.

He loved his career, yes. He loved writing, producing, and performing music; he just hated all the other stuff.

Like the fact that he could never go anywhere without being recognized, scrutinized, and managed by a team of "image-fixers."

Now that his band was actually relevant and people actually knew who Luke Hemmings was, he had to watch his back.

Luke couldn't do or say anything he actually wanted to, so dreaming was all he could do.

"Okay, he's not getting up. Let's dogpile him."

Soon enough, the weight of three six-foot-something bodies were on top of Luke, leaving him gasping for air.

"Can't. Breathe."

He began to suffocate under the weight, trying his best to push his three best friends off of him.

It didn't work.

He endured thirty more seconds of not being able to breathe before they finally got off of him. Someone pulled back Luke's sheets all the way, leaving him self-conscious as three sets of eyes settled on his Ninja Turtle boxers and bare chest.

Luke immediately sat up and attempted to hide his pale skin by crossing his arms over his chest, gazing up at his bandmates sleepily.

He didn't want to see them, not this early. Luke glanced at the clock behind the three of them to read the time: 8:46.