Chapter 20

FOLLOW WHAT THE PICTURE IN THE MEDIA SAYS.

Jack walks out of the kitchen to see what all of the commotion was about. But seeing other people resulted to him walking back in and sit down next to Jeff. He reached into his bag and slid out another kidney.

"So, what's up?" Jeff asked.

Jack bit into his snack, licking his lips after swallowing. "They brought back some people." He muttered.

"Well, of course they did. Slenderman did talk about this in that boring ass meeting." Jeff said, dropping his fork once he finished his lunch.

Jack bit the kidney again, not responding to that.

Of course, he knew, he just didn't think that they would be here soon. And the meeting was just yesterday, maybe Slenderman just wanted to do it earlier.

All of this made Jack think that this was all because they were preparing for a war. It would have gone too far if there was a war, they could just threaten them and make them stop the project. But, the fact that they had a little army of supernaturals, there was no doubt that there will be, at least, a fight between the two big groups.

After all, peace can be just taken away in a matter of seconds right after you get it.
"Do you mean that you're just afraid of the crowd the three just brought in? There couldn't be that much people."

Jack shook his head. "I don't think you understand the word crowd. Crowd is pretty much a name for a large mass of people, or a large group of people. And no, I'm just not in the mood to chat with anyone."

"You're talking to me." Jeff reminded him.

"Yes," Jack took in the last part of the kidney, chewed, then swallowed. "But, that's because you've started the conversation."

Jeff rolled his eyes. "There goes your philosophy shit, you should just go ahead and be a philosopher. I don't think your cut out to be a surgeon, actually."

Jack responded with silence as he took another kidney and continued his meal. But, since Jeff is being himself, he decides to pester him.

"Oh, now you're ignoring me." Jeff huffed, dropping his plate into the sink. The dish shattered and forced a crack onto the bowl Kira previously left. He sucked in a breath, knowing that Slenderman would be angry once he finds it when he comes back.

"Look what you made me do!" Jeff groaned, picking up all of the pieces. He cautiously held them, but then failed, and ended up getting a cut.

"Shit."

Although the small cut hurt badly for him, he picked up what's left then threw them into the nearby bin. He returned to the sink then let the water run.

Jack was about to say that it'll sting, but decided to not and just watched him.

Jeff let the water run over it, and then hissed at the stinging pain. "Motherfucking..." He turned the knob then reached over to the role of paper towel. He ripped a part off and wrapped it around his finger.

"JACK! THERE YOU ARE!"

Jack flinched at the high pitched voice then turned his head to the archway.

A girl stood by with fiery red hair tied into pig tails, her eyes were a deep shade of blue that seemed to sparkle. He recognized her as Kiki, another ghost. She was like Sally, who somehow had flesh, blood and bones, and who also had human needs.

Jack remembered her to be perky and very active. Hyper. And as Jack remembered, she exclaims almost everything she says.

"Jack! Come with me, I want you to meet someone!" She told him and grabbed his forearm, pulling him off of the stool. Kiki dragged him out of the kitchen and out by the front door. In the middle of opening the door, she stopped and looked around.