Chapter 10

****Hi! Welcome back everyone, the gaps are closing between these updates because now I have more time to actually get shit done. I'm not swimming for school anymore and that means I have more time to write and get more chapters out to you guys. I knowhow frustrating it is when an author doesn't update so I'll try my best to keep on a strict schedule. Anyway, I'll try to make these notes short and sweet so you don't have to listen to my life story, this is not Oprah, so let's get right to it. Also a huge thanks to my friend Rachel for her editing skill in the last chapter, thank you girl, I appreciate it. Like I said I suck at editing. please point out any errors so I don't look so stupid. Please please please please COMMNT, VOTE, AND FOLOW ME! Enjoy!!****

No picture loves, sorry!

***********************************************************************************************************

Aris's POV

My attempt to stand up was sabotaged by a sudden flow of blood to my head that almost sent me back to the floor. This was my third try at getting up and so far no success. When I woke up I could only pull pieces of what happened, but now, it was an endless movie in my head on replay.

I was no longer Gamma. All of my hard work, gone, like that.

I had to go back with him. I would not dignify the bastard with a name.

I begged my Alpha. I've never begged anyone for anything in my life.

I let down my family. I broke the promise I made to my dying brother; that alone weighed on my head like a million bricks.

I slumped against the cement walls, yeah cement. When I came to consciousness, my vision was fuzzy and I went into a stumbling frenzy, crashing into what I can now identify as a metal bench, cinder block walls, a barred window at the top of the wall which let in a single strip of sunlight, and bars like a jail cell.

As my vision was still blurred, I made the mistake of reaching for the bars, but on contact with just the tip of my finger, a searing hot burning sensation shot through my finger and in seconds felt like a hand wrapped around my neck, strangling me.

That's when I realized there was only one place where a werewolf would allow wolfsbane-infused silver, I was in jail.

My packmates put me, their Gamma, in a cell. MY OWN PACKMATES LEFT ME TO WAIT LIKE SOME KIND OF PRIZE FOR THAT BASTARD TO COME AND SWOOP IN AND TAKE AWAY FOEVER!

After realizing what happened, I punched and kicked and slammed into the wall, desperate to get out. I tore off a strip of the hem of my shirt and wrapped my hand in it, but the wolfsbane still burned through and I couldn't keep a grip on the bars for more than a few seconds at a time, after the first few tries, the strip was charred and smoking.

I was preparing to unbolt the bench and swing it at the bars when I heard the screech of a door swing open and I stopped, alert. I watched around the corner as Alpha Madrid approached my cell, tailing him at his flanks were Maximus and Tyson, another Elite Warrior.

I straightened and gave a curt bow, but my eyes were glistening with rage. My own Alpha was going to turn me over for the sake of an alliance, since when did we operate like the human politicians?

I approached the bars, my face giving away nothing, not an inch of disgust or rage or sadness. Madrid turned and straightened like it pained him to be here, it should, I dedicated my life to him and he is ready to throw it away, some Alpha he is. But I didn't say that, or I would have been killed on the spot.

"Aris." He spoke to me like a pack enemy rather than the Warrior I was, that kind of disrespect, had he not been my Alpha, would have landed him in a hospital for a month.