Chapter 4

A/N: Okay, before the chapter starts I want to thank you guys for 200+ reads! This fic has only been up for about a week and it already has this many reads. I was honestly very surprised. Thanks so much!!!!

Jungkook's shift at work was very uneventful. A few customers drifted in and out of the store, but there was no one interesting.

His boredom was killing him, and he couldn't wait for the celebration dinner for Spectrum. He was nervous, get excited. He felt like he was important, being invited to an even by such a big magazine.

Around 2, his co-worker walked in. Jungkook couldn't remember his name, or if he had introduced himself at all. They would only see each other when his shift started and Jungkook's shift ended, and they were swapping places. No need for conversation, really.

Jungkook offered his co-worker a small nod as he left the register. Finally, he was free. It took all of his willpower not to run out of that store, but he managed.

When he got home he instantly started getting ready. He jumped in the shower, the hot water feeling nice on his back. He took a bit of a longer shower than usual.

After his shower, he went to his closet and looked at all of his clothing. Namjoon had told him it was an informal dinner. He searched through his clothes, looking for something semi-nice.

Something to impress Taehyung.

Jungkook shook his head, trying to get rid of the thoughts. Why did he matter?

Because he's attractive as hell, that's why.

Jungkook puffed his cheeks out in frustration at his own thoughts.

He decided to wear black skinny jeans, a long white sweater, and a red scarf. He went into the bathroom and styled his hair in his usual slightly-parted style. He also applied some makeup. Concealer, eyeliner, and lip balm. The basic stuff.

He looked at himself in his long mirror, satisfied with the way he looked. He checked his phone, seeing he had 30 minutes before he had to leave. He huffed slightly and stared at the screen.

Nothing wrong with leaving a little early, right?

Jungkook found himself in the parking lot of a restaurant. 30 minutes early. His hands gripped the steering wheel and he peered out the windshield.

House of Cards was the name of the restaurant. It didn't look overly fancy, but it wasn't a dump either. Jungkook thought he had dressed properly for the occasion.

Suddenly, there was a knock on his window. He jumped and nearly hit his head on the roof of the car. He looked out his window to see a certain brown-haired male standing outside his car. He smiled at Jungkook.

Jungkook rolled down his window. "You scared the hell out of me," he told the smiling man. Taehyung chuckled and stuck his hands in his pockets.

"Your reaction was funny. I see you're early as well?" Taehyung half-questioned. Jungkook nodded. "Well, since we're both early and I'm freezing my ass off out here," he began. He ran around the front of the car and climbed in the passengers seat. He shut the door with a slam.

"Can I stay in here?" He finished. He gave Jungkook a hopeful smile. Jungkook sighed.

"Sure."

Taehyung smiled wider, his mouth forming a box. He was silent for a few seconds, and he seemed to be in deep thought. Jungkook looked the the other man questioningly, since he seemed to be concentrating.