Wattpad Original
There are 6 more free parts

4. Is It Too Late To Say I'm Sorry?

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

"I'M GONNA be sick," I muttered to Alyson as I watched Frank walk into the cafeteria with Jasmine Phillips, the mathlete of the school. With her messy brown hair tied up in an unruly bun and her murky brown eyes that looked up at Taylor in devotion, she was having the time of her life. I stared at her in envy.

I used to be her. The one walking and talking to Frank. The one beside him. That was back before I'd chosen my life now.

"Relax Liz," she assured me as my eyes still remained locked on Taylor and the girl next to him. She leaned into him, whispering something into his ear, as he burst out laughing at whatever she said. "Anyways you've got Nathan, remember?"

Shit. I'd forgotten all about my Nathan. Frank's surprising appearance had made me push him aside. Nathan Burns, my boyfriend of six months. Nathan, with his brown shaggy hair and stormy grey eyes. The school heartthrob. The quarterback of the football team. I should forget all about Frank. Forget those green eyes. Forget the sweet nectar of his laughter. Forget the way he still made my heart beat faster just by being in the same room as me. Forget the way he drew my attention as he entered a room. I definitely need to forget the way I still felt for him.

"Where's Nathan anyway?" Alyson interrupted my thoughts as I took a swig from my bottle of Fiji Water.

"He's out fishing with his father at the Lake," I replied, my eyes trained on Jasmine as she fed Taylor a fry.

"So he's trying to bond with his father?"

"Yeah. Something like that."

"He's still coming to the party tonight at Brianna's, right?"

"Uh-huh," I muttered absent-mindedly, not focusing on the conversation.

Alyson sighed as she looked in the same direction that I was looking. "Oh come on Liz, stop torturing yourself."

"Huh?"

"Stop looking at Taylor and Jasmine."

"I wasn't looking at them," I feigned just as my eyes drifted to them again.

"Okay then, stop staring at them," she said.

"Hey Ally, did you get what Ms Jacobs was saying about homework?" I tried to distract her, knowing how much she had to say on the topic of Taylor.

Thankfully she let it slide as she got out her notes, and gave me a lecture on the importance of listening to the teacher during class.

* * *

THE SOUND of Bieber's Sorry blasted from the speakers of Brianna's huge house. Students from Burking High were everywhere. Partying. Dancing. Drinking and enjoying themselves as they did unspeakable things to their dates.

Brianna's house was in Pine Circle, where all the rich and elite families lived, with their extravagant house, posh cars and divine swimming pools. Of course, Brianna's house was no different. Crème paint job, award-winning garden and a huge mansion that made my house look like a run-down, abandoned building. Brianna's house also had that luxurious furniture that was worth mom's annual pay check.

I wasn't that envious of it. I just wondered how it would be like to live their lives. To be in their shoes for instance. To wake up one morning and have all this at your disposal.