06 | Now Trending

"I told you I was trouble,
You know that I'm no good."

"GOSH! TELL SOMEONE if you're going to go anywhere next time, alright? When we returned from dancing only to find you missing, I didn't know what to think!" Emily exclaimed, grabbing my shoulders tightly and looking at me up and down to check for any injuries. I raised an eyebrow and bubbled out a laugh.

"Calm down, Em," I snorted. "Did you think I got kidnapped, or something?"

"As if you're worth all the trouble," Asher retorted behind me, causing me to turn around and shoot him a death glare.

"Does it physically hurt if you try to be nice?" I snapped, narrowing my eyes at him.

"If I were nice to you, you'd probably smile and that sight alone is enough to physically hurt me," Asher replied, smirking as he crossed his lanky arms. "So yes, I guess it does hurt to be nice."

Turning to Emily, I sighed loudly and shook my head. "Really, Em. Good luck with him."

"Oi!" I heard him protest, and Emily and I broke into a heap of laughter, silencing him and causing him to return to his usual sulking.

"Where's Logan?" I asked when I noticed that the charming boy and his date were nowhere to be seen. Reiko, who stood next to Emily, suddenly found a big interest in the marble tiles beneath her. She crossed her arms like a defiant child and had an awfully cute frown plastered on her face.

"With Flavia," Emily answered awkwardly, scratching the back of her hand. I wrinkled my nose when I caught on to the underlying message.

"Boys," Reiko and I muttered in unison, and grinned widely at each other afterwards.

Asher cleared his throat irritably, adjusting his tie.

"It's late, shall we?" he asked Emily, though his tone suggested that there was no space for argument. Emily stole a glance at me, looking slightly reluctant to leave when it seemed as if the night was just starting to become more interesting.

"Okay," she murmured and Asher smiled stiffly. He offered her his arm, and she hesitantly looped an arm through. His action didn't go unnoticed by the other students. Under everyone's watchful eye and to their surprise, Asher pulled Emily closer and leaned in to kiss her cheek lightly.

"Thanks for being my date tonight," he said, loud enough for a few people standing close to us to catch, and Emily blushed a bright pink. With that, he pulled her closer gently, and walked out of the ballroom together.

Asher Dane is dating Emily Park? No way!

I think they're pretty cute, don't you?

He deserves better.

I swirled around to glare at the girl behind me, only to find that she was already looking right as me with a challenging smirk. Raising her eyebrows, she silently dared for me to disagree. Unfortunately for her, I wasn't someone who cared much about their reputation in this godforsaken school and would much rather defend my friend than stand and watch.

"He deserves better? Like who? You?" I sneered, giving her the stink eye. Gasping, she let out sharp laugh, probably taken aback by me. She had the decency to look slightly embarrassed, but quickly recovered and flipped her hair.

"Yeah, of course," she stated, lifting her chin up higher.

"I don't know Asher Dane all that well, but I'm certain that even he has more standards than to date a judgmental wrench like you," I snapped. The girl clenched her jaw, glancing around and taking note of the audience that had gathered around us.