28 // Spring...

It's been officially one hour of the 'Spring Fair' and I was done.

The usually empty dark red bleachers on one side of the track field were now full with exhausted from the sun parents, bored out young teenagers taking twenty too many group selfies with their rainbow lollipops and mostly people getting a break from walking around the 'fun' booths.

It was a mess.

The tight crowd.

Kids all over the place.

Even the non-stop 'ugh I thought this was going to be waaaaay more fun' whining from students.

But at least, I got to spend an interesting time with my friends at our 'Children Face Painting' booth. Sitting under our tent stand, I painted on finishing touches of shimmery paint to a darling brunette and light-blue eyed girl's cheeks.

Going back and forth to look at a picture of Frozen's Elsa on my phone, she told me about all the times she's been to Disney Land with her mums before. She didn't know much English, as her parents spoke only Spanish, but I was impressed.

"No way!", I gasp dramatically so she easily believed me, "And what did you tell her?"

The blue-eyed girl jumps up and down, "I say to her, 'No, Princess Snow White, I don't want live with seven men. I want live with lady. Like my mums."

Last stroke of blue on her temples...
"Wow, you're quite confident. And what did she say?"

"She say, 'Me too, me too."

"Snow White said that?"

She nods.
"Mm. Snow White also lesbian!"

Quite the Disney plot twist there

"Well", I put away my brushes and give the hand mirror to show her the result, "Snow White can be whoever she wants to be, just like you can be Elsa."

She gasps with wide eyes and laughs, dancing on the spot, "I look really pretty!"

"That's because you are pretty, sweetie."

She runs over to hug me with a squeal.
"Thank you for drawing!"

Brushing her hair back behind her ears, I kneel down to hold her non-painted cheek.
"You are very welcome."

Soon, her mums come back and off they go to wherever their loving daughter wishes to next.

Taking a break, I make my through the music and laughing teens all around to visit Natalie and A'dre's snack booth. They look busy. Changing money with parents over the large, filled all over with food, but Natalie sees me and steps away.

"Hey! How'd you like our booth?"

I look at the fancy rose-gold sign they painted for the stand.

"It looks great, it really does", thinking hard of big words to describe the decor, I add, "And the colors also help bring out the... uh-"