CHAPTER 10

|| THE PARTY - PART ONE ||

|••• Violet's POV •••|

"I swear to God that I am never coming with you for shopping!" I practically yell at Jasmine once we settle down in the food court.

As my tired bums are savoured by the soft cushion of the couches in the court, I realize just how much my legs hurt. I swear even Tessa wouldn't be able to keep up with her pace as she kept me dragging from stores to stores and boutiques to boutiques because she could not get her so called 'perfect dress'.
Her laughter breaks the chain of my thoughts.

"Care to explain what is so funny?" I ask her, glaring.

"Man! You are a handful." She continues laughing.

"You need to google the meaning of best-friends because it seems like you forgot it." I say.

"Ain't no need to remind me, okay? Fill up your tummy as we also need to buy yours." She says.

"I don't need a dress. Not today, not ever when it's you with whom I am shopping." I sulkily grumble.

"Why are you being difficult?" She asks with a huge sigh.

"Oh nothing! It's just that my legs are desperate for some comfort and they don't wish to be dragged anymore." I plaster a fake smile.

"You are relaxing now, aren't ya? We won't be long. Please?" She asks, battling her eyelashes.

"This won't work on me. I agreed to your shopping thing today and now it's your turn to listen to me. Let's just head home afterwards. There's nothing I'd rather do than take a refreshing nap." I say.

"Fine." She mumbles.

__________________

"You will be fine. Let yourself free for one night, okay?" Jasmine comforts me for the umpteenth time today.

You must've guessed by now that today is Friday, the very day the party is been organised.

The day at school was going good if you minus the number of times Jasmine coming up to me and telling me how I need to live a little.

Now, wouldn't you find it irritating if the same person gave you the same speech whenever you meet?

"Oh for the love of shopping Jasmine! I know, okay? I ll try to match up your enthusiasm at the party." I groan.

"Let me be the judge of that." She says.

"Whatever, let's leave." I say while we walk towards the parking lot together.

"The twins texted that they'll meet us directly at the party. Tessa had an early practice session so she left with Smith. The couple must be busy somewhere so let's just rush to your place." She says.

"Okay." I mumble while I unlock my car which was easily spotted in the lot.

"You getting ready at mine or what?" I ask her, settling inside.

"Of course I am! We'll first go to my place to collect my dress and then get ready at yours." She says, buckling her seat belt.

"Alright then!" I say, speeding up my way outside school.

________________

"This dress would look amazing on you! You should wear this." She holds up a wine red halter neck dress for me.

"I said no. I'd like conservative clothing to such a wild place." I say.

"Fine, have it your way." She mumbles and goes back to rummaging my closet.