Different Sense: 02

(A/N: I have to admit, I don't wholly know how long this will be going for >.>)

----

Thorin still looked up at Gandalf with a reserved look. Gandalf just looked back at him with a equal gaze. “I only asked for one more to break the unlucky thirteen.” Thorin stated.

“Yes well, if you hadn't been so unimpressed by Mr Baggins then perhaps I wouldn't have had the need to sought out her help.”

“'Her'?” Thorin repeated and followed Gandalf as he stood and walked out of the room towards the circular front door. Bilbo right now was unable to open his home door for he was flaked out on the floor from fainting, the conversations of dragons didn't seem to bode well with the hobbit.

“You went out and found us a woman?” Thorin stated bluntly, if he wasn't already unimpressed and unamused by the evening so far, it certainly wasn't getting any better.

Gandalf let out a quiet chuckle which earned a look to be shot up at him. “Better.” Was the simple word the wizard spoke as he opened the door.

On the other side stood a rather small female, in height she barely reached Thorin's shoulders. Thorin naturally narrowed his eyes at the elven resemblance which she had, not that his expression effect her. Her amber eyes stared from him to Gandalf and then back again, her blond hair was elegantly plaited several times but each plait fed into one. Attached to her hip was a sheath, there were straps on her shoulders which indicated she was carrying a small pack.

There were glimpses from underneath her emerald cloak, that she was wearing a white cotton shirt with a short leather waistcoat over it. The buckles on it gleamed in the low light. Her trousers were of a dark colour and the ends were tucked into her boots which were laced up tightly.

Gandalf was certainly sure that from the unblinking gaze of the nymph that she too was assessing the person in front of her, Thorin wasn't the only one who was curious about the companions on this quest.

“Well, come in come in,” Gandalf ushered her inside and shut the door. The female glided in and looked around the space she was now standing in. Her eyes looked over every little object and piece of furniture.

“Thorin Oakenshield, may I introduce you to Lothiriel Arnidl of Eryn Vorn. Daughter of Durion, Lord of the Boscage.”

“You're a Nymph.” Thorin stared at her in disbelief. It was not every day that one would come across something which was believed to be extinct. His comment naturally caught the attention of the party in the other room, who upon hearing his words all piled out of the room. It was quite a sight to see all the dwarves and a lone hobbit gaping from a single door way. By now Bilbo had collected himself and was no longer in such a dazed disposition.

Lothiriel leant forward and smiled lightly. Her eyes looked Thorin quickly up and down before she tilted her head to the side and simply commented; “Well you are a Dwarf.”

Gandalf could sense a possible argument ensuing so he stepped between them, placing a hand on Lothiriel's shoulder he smiled lightly at the two. He was opting not to pay attention to the slightly awkward atmosphere. “She is, but I am presuming that she would like to be addressed by her name. As would he,” Gandalf said while glancing between them, Lothiriel gave a nod of understanding, Thorin was indifferent to his words, but he too gave a nod.

“I was not aware of your race still being a part of this world.”

Lothiriel looked thoughtful before giving a shrug at Thorin's words. The blatant avoidance of not getting an answer clearly annoyed him to some extent because his eyes narrowed a fraction. “Life can get so busy, we chose a quiet life.” She smiled lightly, yet her eyes dimmed and glazed over.

Gandalf seemed pleased that a argument had been avoided, so he continued with his introductions. “Lothiriel,” he squeezed her shoulder getting her attention. She looked up at him and then watched as he lifted his other hand to the group in front of them. “Meet Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Oin, Gloin, Balin, Dwalin, Fili, Kili, Dori, Ori and Nori. And of course lastly but not least, Mr Baggins.” Gandalf looked rather pleased with himself, Lothiriel gave a slow nod to them. Her eyebrows lifted then and she stared at Bilbo, who was standing with his mouth slightly agape.

Stepping forward away from Gandalf's side, Lothirial smiled. “Mr Baggins,” Bilbo blinked slowly and looked at her. Suddenly realizing his expression he quickly flinched and shook his head.

“Y-yes?”

“I have heard very much about you.”

“Oh, well,” he shuffled on the spot a little nervously. Taking in a breath he regained himself and looked up at the woman in front of him, the woman whose species were thought to be long gone from this life. A myth, a myth was standing in his home and here he was staring at her in awe.

“What have you heard exactly?” He snapped himself back to reality.

Lothiriel smiled, “You are quite the adventurer, no?”

“No.” Bilbo smiled apologetically, Lothiriel looked confused. “I believe you've been misinformed.”

“But Gandalf told me about you when we last met,” Lothiriel said honestly. “I hope you are not saying he is a liar.” She smirked, Bilbo was close to denying that until he realized she was joking.

Shaking his head slowly, Bilbo looked back up at Gandalf. “Look, I am sorry Gandalf, but I am not your Hobbit.”

Lothiriel shook her head repeatedly, it was a odd action which made her blond hair shake violently. “No, no you are! Gandalf told me very briefly of all of this. You are hesitant, but you haven't tried.” She smiled earnestly at him.

Bilbo frowned lightly at her, “I can't Lothiriel. I’m not a Took, I’m not a burglar. I’m a Baggins, of Bag End. I’m a respon-,” he stopped quickly and then continued. “People expect things of me.”

Lothiriel sighed. “People expect things. People expect things from me, and I am here. People expect things all the time.” She paused, “You will never know until you try. Take a step outside your door, Mr Baggins. You may surprise yourself.”