Chapter 10: And now his Mrs.

Caden

Dancing to a slow song, I let my head rest on dad's shoulder. It felt nice and comfortable. It made me wonder when next we would be able to dance like this.

My eyes met Blayze's from where he sat behind the table. There was a momentary focus before he rolled his eyes away. A light smirk appeared on my face. He's being cute.

Another turn on the dance floor and the same repeated. It would seem better to stop but I couldn't. I have the first card and I'm not about to ignore that fact.

Another turn and I saw him walking up to us. I raised my head off dad's chest as he drew closer.

"Excuse me, I need to have a word with my wife."

Wife.

Neither dad nor I was given the chance to reply as he took hold of my hand and drew me along with him, out of the hall and into an empty room. Finally, he let go of my hand and faced me. In all honesty, I wasn't the least bit riled up. This was just too fun.

"Stop it." He ordered and I searched for a clear emotion on his face. I didn't quite get any. He's being way too cool.

"Stop what?" I questioned as I folded my arms across my chest though I had an idea as to what he was talking about.

I watch him draw in a deep breath.

"Stop staring at me the way you've been doing since the kiss."

"Kiss... oh, you mean the kiss you stole from me."I played and I saw a tinge of anger reflect in his eyes.

"It had to be done and you know it so stop with the stare."

"Stare? What stare are you even talking about? Aren't you the master at that?"

He grasped onto my arm, his grasp, tighter by the second and I tried hard to endure it as I glared back at him. This man here must really think it's easy to scare me.

"What exactly are you worried about? The fact you're just like everyone else... human, with emotions?"

His gaze went softer and so did his hold on my arm. I watched him take a step back as his hand left my arm and his eyes shifted elsewhere. His silence lasted and seemed a bit abnormal that I worried a bit.

Suddenly, his eyes were back on me once more and the cold look was back.

"It's understandable you would search for something in me to believe having me as a husband won't be so bad after all but however, I'll advice you restrain from doing that. It's only going to hurt more once reality settles in."

On his way past me, he stopped and turned his head to the direction of my ear then leaned a bit closer.

In a whisper, "This is your hell and I'm the devil."

Once he was away, a scoff left my lips. He's quite determined to make this a war. Fine. Let's see who'll stand tall in the end, Blayze Norman.

Blayze

Outside the room, I couldn't help drawing to a stop for a minute. Caden, in general, was annoying. She was getting on my nerves so much that staying put was becoming hard even for me.

I knew what she was trying to do but I wasn't the least bit about to let her have her way. The memory of the kiss flashed across my mind and I shook my head at the thought.

The fact that a mere kiss had an effect on me was quite surprising? Kissing her hadn't been part of the plan but acting has to be good even until the end and so I did it. I kissed her.

Now, I regret doing that.

A step forward and my phone rang within my pocket. I took it out to pick the call.

"There you are sir." James interrupted as he hastened his steps towards me.

"I've been looking all over for you..."

I raised an index finger at him to be silent before finally picking the call.

"Yes."

"Forgive my interruption sir but there's an urgent problem that needs your attention." The female voice on the other side filled with panic narrated.

"Problem?" I questioned as I looked around, reminded of where I was. At my own wedding.

"How urgent?"

"Very sir." Her reply was quick, asserting me of the importance of my presence.

"Put everything on hold. I'll be there." With that, I disconnected the call.

"Sir..."

"Keep my absence hidden for as long as I'm out. I'll be back."

Sparing James, no time, Immediately, I walked away.

Caden

Stepping out of the room, I sighted Blayze walking away, his steps faster but he seems to be going in the wrong direction. The hall is the other way.

"How can he walk out of his own wedding for the purpose of work?" The familiar looking man stated as he watched Blayze go. Disbelief played across his face.

Walk out?

"What do mean?" I questioned as I drew closer. Surprise laid across his face on realisation that I'd been around and possibly heard all he'd said.

"Oh... Um..." He stuttered. A clear attempt to lie. I narrowed my eyes at him.

* * *

"We're going to have the cake cut by the couple..." The M.C's words trailed away as James hurried up to him and whispered a few words into his ears.

As a few people looked my side, a drew up a fake but yet warm smile. Smile that says everything is okay.

Damn you Blayze for putting me in this situation.

"Okay everyone. There's no problem. The groom is being excused for a while so... why don't everyone come on to the dance floor." He urged and though, a few seemed a little reluctant and more interested in the story behind my husband's absence, they had no choice but to approach the dance floor.

Carefully and slyly, I sneaked out of the hall with my phone whilst everyone busied on the dance floor.

After dialling his number, I stuck the phone close to my ear. It rang for a while before he picked.

"Where the hell are you? No matter how I think about it, your absence is just wrong. How could you leave?"

"Something urgent came up so bear it." He stated and disconnected the call.

Pulling the phone away from my ear, I stared at it in surprise.

Did he just cut the call on me? What in the world does bear it mean? Who do I even have to bear it alone?

A loud and tiresome sigh escaped my lips as I let my hand fall back to my side. I looked down at my dress, one I'd changed into as soon as we got to the hall. A light colour of cream. My eyes fell on the ring on my finger and I recollected the moment he wore it on my finger.

In the end, I looked away. Truly, this is the beginning of my married life.