Chapter 24: I Don't Get Holidays

Another quick A/N: Ok I think I found a person to play Kristy, so tell me what to think. Thanks to deMesser for suggesting Amanda Righetti, who I decided was worthy enough to represent Kris ;) I think that's all...I have no idea how to upload pics so...i guess you have to google it...sorry.

Dean's POV:

"Dean," Kris calls from the couch.

I look at Sam pleadingly, but he just shrugs.

"She asked for you man, better suck it up and go see what she wants," he tells me.

Sighing, I take one last fortifying swig of beer and step out to see Kristy with dread. As I'm coming to the couch, she points to something across the room. I pick up the tissue box and hand it to her.

"Jeez Dean, I'm sick, not dead, don't look so grossed out," she tells me, blowing her nose and then cleaning her hands with sanitizer.

I grimace and gingerly sit on the edge of the couch with her. I don't like when Kristena is sick. It gives me heart palpitations. She takes a breath and points at me.

"Suck it up and do something for me," she says.

I nod once, not able to really look at her, but I know she's rolling her eyes. She got sick four days ago. The first day wasn't horrible, she was just a little off. The second and third day, she was horrible. She felt miserable. The fourth day is started to abate, she said she was feeling better. Today is the fifth day and she says she's feeling much better. She was even up and making her own breakfast this morning.

"I need you to grab me some medicine from the cabinet in my bathroom. Get the box with orange and green and then the white one with the red writing and also...grab the thermometer, I went to check my temp."

With that, I go upstairs, running into her room and going immediately to the bathroom. It's strange to be in my sisters room without her here. More than once, she's threatened me with my life if I went through her stuff. I go into her bathroom and try not to look at anything other than the medicine. It's easy enough to find what she asked for, including the thermometer.

I go back downstairs and hand her the medicine. She checks her temperature, which she frowns at before fumbling with the medicine.

"What did it say?" I ask.

She glances up at me, eyes wide and face pale before shaking her head.

"I think it might be broken. I'll go out and buy a new one in a couple hours," she tells me and takes the pills quickly.

"God I hate being sick," she says, getting to her feet and setting her forehead against my shoulder.

"I hate when you are sick so..."

She smiles slightly and slowly makes her way to the kitchen, looking both stiff and tired. She yawns, hugging Sam and just standing there with arms around his waist. He looks at me and shrugs, hugging her back.

"Kris? Are-are you alright?" he asks.

She sighs.

"Yeah...I'm just worried about Cas."

My phone starts ringing just as Bobby rolls in, asking how Kristy is feeling.

"Hello?" I answer.

"Dean," Cas says.

"Cas, are you okay?" I ask, and Kristy whirls around to stare at me.

"No," he answers, "I'm in a hospital. Apparently I was found on a shrimp boat."