Chapter 5

They had waited months and today was finally the day. Today was the day that April would have a real family again. It was her wedding day and marrying Abel would eternally connect her to the Hugh family.

That frightened and excited her at the same time.

She wore a beautiful white gown that had apparently been tailored for the occasion.

Sitting in her dressing room, she anxiously played with her pearl necklace.

There was a knock at her door.

"Come in," she said.

It was Mrs. Hugh.

"Are you ready, my dear?" Mrs. Hugh asked with a glimmer of excitement in her eyes.

April nodded her head, "I think so," she said before casting a hopeful smile. Her gaze then drifted to the floor; she was feeling nervous.

"Do you love him?" Mahala asked, causing April to look up.

"I do," April said, "with all my heart."

Mahala kneeled and took April's hands in her own. "That," she said, "is all that matters."

~

"Are you ready, brother?" Adam asked, clapping Abel on the back.

"As I'll ever be," Abel said as he nervously fidgeted with his tie in the mirror. He had gotten his own suit and April's dress specifically tailored for them. But he had yet to see her in the dress.

"Don't worry, if I can get married, then so can you." Adam said.

"Isn't that saying something?" Abel said, sneaking a playful look back at his brother.

Adam said, "The real thing you should be worried about is your physique?"

"My physique?" Abel's heart dropped as he hastily turned to face his brother.

"Yes, I'm afraid its...its..." Adam said, drawing it out.

"Its what? Is there a problem?" After hesitating he added, "Does April think there's a problem?"

Adam sighed, desperately holding back the amusement he felt over teasing his brother.  "Yes," he said, "well, your physique is a bit...outdated."

"Oh, shut up," Abel said, turning back to the mirror and fixing his tie for the fifth time that day.

"My concern is coming from a place of love, dear brother. I only do not want you to, while trying to satisfy April, throw your back out."

"Why you little-" Abel playfully grabbed his brother and successfully put him in a head lock.

Adam tussled with his brother as best as he could from his compromised condition.

"I am younger than you, brother, and am perfectly capable of-"

Just then the door opened and they froze.

Mahala stood in the doorway, her hand on her leaning hip.

"When you boys are done arguing, we have a wedding to attend." She said.

Like two reprimanded school children Adam and Abel hastily separated. Straightening out their suits, they each grumbled their own dejected,  "Yes, Mahala."

As the three of them were walking out of the door, Abel whispered to his brother, "You're going to pay for that later," before sending a playful elbow to his brother's ribs.

~

After everything and everyone was in place, Abel took his position beside the alter. He was feeling nervous.

He had never been married before. Then again, he had never felt this strongly for someone before. April healed his heart in a way no one else could and he was thankful that she would be his for the rest of his life.

He only prayed that he would be able to give her everything she wanted and needed; emotionally and physically.

He knew how to satisfy women but it had been a long while since he last had the opportunity to. A bit longer than he would have liked to admit.

All his thoughts were silenced as his bride walked in.

April wore a slim fitted, white dress, with embroidered jewels, lace, and a lengthy train.

It fit her perfectly, rounding out her curves and lengthening her frame

Abel was smitten.

She walked down the aisle and stood beside him.

Before the priest could begin, Abel whispered to her.

"The white suits you perfectly...my angel,"

April blushed beneath her veil and the priest began.

After the wedding vows were said and the rings were given, the priest spoke,

"By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you husband and wife."

Then Abel heard the words he had been waiting to hear ever since he first laid eyes on April,

"You may now kiss the bride."

He looked over at his beautiful wife and removed her veil. In his vows he promised to love her endlessly and unconditionally. He knew he meant every word of it.

April vowed to always love him unselfishly and unwaveringly. She knew their love was strong enough to stand the tests of time.

He would never let go of April and she would never let go of him.

Abel kissed her passionately, all the while in the back of his mind thinking about the evening. He was going to carry her across the threshold of their new home, love her endlessly, and then never let her go.

Arm in arm, they turned and walked down the aisle into their beautiful forever.

~

Well, that's the end *sigh* I absolutely love this love story. Abel and April finally found their happily ever after. Tell me what you thought of the story and check out my other works if you'd like. Thanks soo much for reading this. And don't forget to check out the rest of the Hugh series on Ophelia_is_Knightly 's page.

Thank you thank you thank you so much again.

Sincerely,

~Dallas Rey