10| galdoni

a/n

so sorry for the late update i have exams and i'm so stressed because its my first time in the Irish system and i really want to do well anyways here's your (slightly short im sorry i have an exam tomorrow) chapter

It was almost dusk, the reddish orange sunset illuminating the soft hills of the small town.

Every where I turned, everything around me reflected a picturesque beauty. The soft wisps of clouds in the sky, the clear aqua tint of the heavens above, the smooth aluminum pavement stained by the obsidian tracks of the car as we drove to an unknown destination. The imperfectly beautiful nose and full lips of the woman next to me. Why was the day so beautiful, when my life was not?

"We're going to Chinatown. We'll go to a small dim sum I know and I'll explain everything, alright?" A voice coming from the left sounded, interrupting my train of thought. I nodded in reply.

"How did you know?"I questioned. She turned to me whilst still being careful to look at the road. "How did I know what?" she replied. "That those men--that Jenny would--how?" She laughs, a bitter sound and answers, "The "spell" that Olgeird put on you was bullshit. The mate bond hasn't been cut off and I could track you. As for Jenny, she's part of a whole other problem that I'll explain once we reach the restaurant." I am surprised and elated, yet I keep quiet as we speed down the sunset hued streets of Chinatown.

Soon we reach a small, cramped restaurant hidden under the intimidating shield of grey apartment buildings. "Don't say anything before we get a table alright? They aren't to fond of humans." She was right. The minute we stepped into the quaint dim sum, I felt the glaring distrust from five pairs of eyes burn into my dirtied back. A woman who look no taller than five feet faced Lana and began to speak, her words incomprehensible to me. Lana replied and I realized they were speaking Chinese.

After 4  awkward minutes of unashamed glaring from the others in the room and me trying to seem like I did't notice, Lana's long, slim finger grabbed my arm and pulled me towards a small room to the left. Her touch was like static on my skin and I felt my heartbeat pick up in pace. I guess the bond wasn't broken after all.

"Galdoni." she states, after sitting me down in front of a petite wooden table. Sitting across from me and folding her arms back, she continued, "Do you know what that is?" I shake my head. "It's what those men back in the car where. Did you notice the scars on their body? Did they speak much?" A flash of raised skin and broken English flashed through my mind.

"Yeah, they were littered with them. And their English was so broken, basic level at first." Why was she asking me this? "Those men you met weren't normal wolves, Marcus. They are former galdoni-- wolves who had been mutated through a process called the Trail of Bones. It makes ordinary wolves more deadly, increasing their abilities and sense to a point in which all they do is hunt and maim."

Holy shit, I thought, there are super wolves now? "We do have one thing in common though." she spoke.

"The fact that your both wolves?" She nods her head and replies."No, the fact that I'm former galdoni as well."

If I was drinking water I would have done a massive spit take by now. "You used to be a super wolf?" She laughs and those damn butterfly fester in my stomach again. " I was the super wolf. I was the first Galdoni in existence." My confusion grew to even greater heights. "But-but your normal. You're almost human like."

"That's what I mean by former Galdoni. I was the first to be transformed and I was the first to be changed. I changed myself; slowing regaining my humanity through a series of very painful methods that I don't wish to share. Slowly I coaxed the other Galdoni who had been retained with me. That's how I became Alpha. I led the other Alpha's that were in captivity back to their humane states. Then we began to operate in a way in which wolves wouldn't be captured for the Trial and could co-exist in purely wolf communities."