Chp. 6 : Piecing It Together

| Reid |

At Danielle's place, it seemed the same as it did at the Weavers. Random chair int he middle of the living room, rope beside it, along with a roll of duck tape. Only difference? No dead body.

Hopefully there won't be a dead body.

Crime Scene Investegaters still swarmed, adding to the evidence bags. I examined the chair, seeing if there was a struggle. None.

I walked over to the door, looking at the door frame. There seemed to be no forced entry, so they didn't break down the door. They must have simply knocked on the door, so Danielle opened the door, letting them in.

So how'd they get her into the chair? I thought, standing straight, and looking around. I looked outside, seeing if there was anything. Nothing.

Before I walked in, I noticed something off in the distance, in the bushes. I walked over, pulling out a rubber doctors glove from my pocket.

It was a small, but large tree branch. I picked it up, using the rubber glove as a wall to prevent my fingerprints to rub off on the evidence.

It was light enough to carry, but big enough to cause much damage to something if wacked apon. At the end, I notice a kind of crimsion color near the end of it.

I took the stick with me towards the door, and inside. I payed close attention to the ground, and around the edges of the walls. Close to the hallway towards the living room, and the front door, I notice a small splatter of the same color that was on the stick.

Thats how. They wacked her with this big stick, I thought, and gave the stick to one of the Criminal Scene Investigators. They put it into a bag, but it was too long to fit, so it stuck out of the edge of the bag.

I pulled out my phone, and punched the number to Garcia, but before clicking the 'call' button, I stopped, and shut my phone.

I'm goin solo. I thought before walking into Danielle's room. I ran my finger against the fabric on the bed. I sighed. I'd fallen asleep there just a night ago, Danielle right next to me, safe...

Now she's gone, and I might never find her. I bit my lip, and left the room. I had work to do. I knew I'd find her.

Even if it killed me.

| Danielle |

I waited paciently for the results. I hoped and prayed that what I thought was wrong. The box said to wait eight minutes before results came up.

I didn't know how long I'd been waiting, but I was too nervous to get up to retrieve the result. My stomach twisted in nervous knots, and I thought I'd get sick again. I never did, and I finally I sucked it up, and got up off my chair, making my way towards where the test sat.

I took a deep breath, my eyes closed tight, scared shitless of what the answer said. I opened my eyes, only alittle, enough for me to see the small plus sign on the screen.

My eyes opened wide, and I looked closely at the answer. Sure enough, a small plus sign showed up.

"What did you do!" I screamed, and the door flew open. In the doorway, a man stood, his arms crossed. I looked at him.

"Me?" he asked. "Nothing. Your gonna have a baby, right?"

I glarred. "What did you do!" I repeated, about ready to charge at him. He chuckled, and walked over to me.

"I said nothing, sweetie" he said, placing his filthy hands on my face. "You want proof?"

I bit my lip, and nodded. He smiled, and took my hand. I tore my hand away.

"I can follow you without you touching me, okay?" I spat. He nodded, and we both walked out of the doorway, into the light.

It blinded me for a second, until I got used to it. I looked around at my surroundings as the strange man lead me down a hallway.

There wasn't much. Just three or four cells, all with cinderblocks as doors, on small window, all the windows were blocked as well with a door that probably slid to the side.

"Where am I?" I asked. I looked around once more, seeing if there was a chance I could escape, and actually get out.

"Don't think about escaping, my pretty." the man infront of me said, as if reading my mind.  "My buddy's behind you would tackle you to the ground, and chain you up, like a wild dog."

I snickered.

"And i do believe that's bad for a baby." he added, which made me mad.

He lead me into a room, and his goons shut the door, locking it from the outside. Leaving me in the room. Alone.

With the creep.

| Ried |

I drove over to Kim Weavers house. The front door was blocked by crime scene tape. I pushed it out of the way as I walked in.  I looked around. They had to have left some sort of clue or something as to where they were going.

None. These guys know how to clean up after themseves.

I took one last sweep through the house, and walked outside. Hands crossed, I looked around for anything.

I finally made a desicion, that would hopefully save Danielle, while she was still alive.

I was going to turn myself in.

Alright! I've gotta read stupid summer reading :/ enjoy! fan! Rate! Comment! watever hahaa:)