Everything has a first

Chapter 3

"Can I have a blue balloon?" I asked the woman that was selling them. This time it was not the same person that always sold me them. She looked at me for a second.

"Are you that girl that always buys a blue balloon?" she asked me. She didn't look at me weirdly- which most people did. I just nodded, giving her the money when she gave me the balloon. She then smiled at me.

"Look after it very well, darling. With one little touch- and boom" she opened her hands in the air.

"- they are dead" she said after it. I didn't say anything and started to walk away. Her words haunted me the way home the whole time. How could she know why I always bought these balloons? I mean, no one ever understood. I walked home, trying not to think much of it.

"Nila, there is a letter for you!" I heard my mother say. I put down my pencil and rushed downstairs. I didn't understand what she said. I had never received a letter. I walked over to the kitchen and saw her with a paper in her hand.

"What did you say?" I asked her while walking over to her to grab the paper.

"There is a letter for you, here" she said, giving it to me. I grabbed it and turned around to go to my room.

"Why can't you just stay and chat a bit?!" she yelled from behind me but I ignored it. My eyes were glued to the letter. If I didn't know the way around the house, I wouldn't have made it to my room. I closed the door of my room and walked over to my desk. The only thing they wrote at for who it was, was 'Nila'.  I opened the letter, wanting to know so badly from who it was. I took out the white paper from the inside and folded it open. Black ink was the first thing I noticed. The handwriting was magnificent, but also hard to read. I turned the paper upside down so I could read it. I first looked down, to see from who it was, but couldn't see anything. My eyes fell on the first sentence and I started reading.

'Nila..

You want to find me. You really want to find me. Even though you don't know who I am, what I am or where I am. Your mind is craving for me. You don't feel at peace, right? But that will change. That will change if you follow what I am about to say, till the end, cause if you don't- you won't have peace. The war in your mind just started as you know, so don't give it a chance to win. You witnessed a lot. You witnessed a lot of darkness that you want to forget. That's the reason why you don't talk to anyone, don't tell anything. You are afraid that you will slip out the things you saw to the world and get hurt by it.

Nila..

Listen good. Go to the backyard of your neighbor on the left side of your house and go into their wooden house they built there. You will find the first thing you need to do. Don't tell anyone and don't get anyone involved. It is all for you- only for you. Don't think of who I am. Don't be afraid. Don't give up and certainly don't lose...'

~~~~~~~~

Random Fact: I once sent myself a letter I wrote without paying for it (in my country you have to pay for it) so my parents were mad at me because they had to pay more than it was worth it as a punishment

Sorry for the short chapter, but I needed to stop there. The real journey and plot will start the next chapter and I didn't want to start with it already.
Instagram: mmms_29