Prologue: Three Bishounens trapped in Vermillion's Magic Academy

-This story happened before Haru's confession-

-It was the week before midterms and Haru was having trouble with his Studies-

I had to clean my room since Usagi and Aki were coming over for a study session. I was having some difficulties with math and English. Initially, Usagi offered to help me but Aki overheard our conversation and became part of the study group. I didn't mind at all...but I was worried that they would butt heads most of the time. Hopefully, we could stay focused and just study. I wanted this to be a productive day.

Misa: Haru, your friends are already here.

Haru: Thanks mom, I'll go right now.

Misa: Okay...if you need anything. Just call me, okay?

Haru: Yes mom, do you really have to clean the attic right now?

Misa: This is the only free time I have. I just want to throw some stuff and organize our attic.

Haru: Okay...

Misa: I promise I will not make any ruckus.

Haru: Alright...

_______________________

I greeted Usagi and Aki, led them to my room and we started studying.

Usagi: Do you really have to invite this nuisance? I can tutor all by myself.

Aki: What are you saying? Heaven knows what you really want to do when you're alone with Haru.

Usagi: Don't be self-righteous. We both know what you did to him when you guys were alone in this very room.

Aki: Um...ah...

Haru: guys... Let's just focus on studying, okay?

After a few hours, Usagi helped me with English while Aki in math. Surprisingly, Aki and Usagi got along...for now.

Haru: Let's take a quick break. Let me go downstairs and prepare some snacks. Just stay here, okay? Don't touch anything please...

Aki: Okay!

I left the room and passed by the attic. I looked up and my mom was still cleaning without making that much noise.

I went to the kitchen, prepared some snacks and walked upstairs. I was about to go back to the room when I saw an ancient looking manga and a blue pendant on the floor. I tried looking for my mom to see if she had dropped them but she was nowhere to be found.

I put the pendant* in my pocket and grabbed the book.

(*Seru's note: This is a reference to my story "Fujoshi trapped in a Seme's Perfect Body. Check it out if the title pique your interest!)

Aki: What took you so long, Haru?! You left me with this boring guy...

Usagi: I could say the same thing.

Their clashing auras filled the room.

Haru: Calm down guys, here are some snacks. Eat up!

Aki: Thanks for the food!

We started munching and Usagi noticed the book.

Usagi: What is that?

Haru: I don't know. It looks like an old manga.

Usagi: Hmm...huh? Can I see it?

I handed it over to Usagi and he opened into a random page. He instantly turned red and handed it back to me.

Haru: What was it?

Usagi: Ah...um...

I wiped the cover making the illustration more visible.

It was a manga called "Vermillion's Magic Academy."

Haru: This is super old...like a national treasure...It looks like a shounen fantasy magic manga?

Aki took the book to inspect it.

Aki: Look, Haru. The main character looks like you.

Haru: Huh...I don't see it. Let me see...

I started reading the first pages aloud, and Usagi and Aki aimed their attention to me.

It became apparent that it was a boy's love manga...and that it was my mom's.

Usagi: Why did you stop?

Haru: WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING?! I'm going to fail at this rate.

Aki: I'm interested on what's going to happen next...we can't stop now, Haru. Just finish the beginning.

Haru: It is fascinating, huh? I wish that we can live in this world...

The blue pendant in my pocket emitted a blinding radiance.

Haru: WHAT IS GOING ON?

I stood up...and next thing I knew...we were sucked in to the book.

To be continued in "Vermillion's Magic Academy"

--Seru Senpai