Chapter Two

Chapter Two

~~~~~ Alex - What you see is what you get ~~~~~

When leaving the hospital room I couldn't help but look for the girl. I feel bad for not telling her it's okay, that I'm not mad. But she left without a goodbye or telling me her name.

The drive to the Smith residence was spent with them telling me how sorry they were.

'Shouldn't you, be the one apologizing?' why can't you just shut up. You always ruin the moment.

"It's OK. I'm sorry I ran away and caused all this. Anyway Case, did the girl who called you say her name?" please, please, please, say yes.

"No she didn't actually. She told me what happened and that she was taking you to the hospital herself. She hung up before I could ask her. Why?" Case says now curious. They all stare at me waiting for a response.

'If there's a God please, please help!' Since when do you pray? 'Since now, because you need all the help you can get.' Ask and ye shall receive. 'That's right.'

Suddenly a phone goes off. Case apologizes and takes the call and before anybody else can say anything else both of the smith's get a call.

'Damn you are one lucky bastard.' Forgive her father, for she has sinned.

The gate keeper opens the door for us when arriving at the house. The grass is freshly cut and the bushes and trees are trimmed to perfection. The water fountain creates an elegant yet peaceful feeling to the outside of the house. The birds sing a wonderful melody as we drive pass them.

Case and the Smiths get out the car still talking on their phones, yet I stay inside for a while.

'Alexandria Santiago, get out of this car and go inside. You will not embarrass me again you hear me!' Chill Alex, I'm going. God did I just address myself? 'Weird, huh?' Way.

As I enter the house, they all hang up their phones and look at me.

'Your luck just ran out baby.' Sh shut up, will you!

Case walks towards me and then gives me yet another hug. I wince in pain as she squeezes me harder than the last time. "Oh gosh I'm so sorry, Alex!" she apologizes immediately stepping away. I try to catch my breath as I grab my injured arm. "It's OK Case." She looks at me with eyes filled with concern but soon turns to address the Smiths.

"She will be out of school for the rest of the week due to her injury; the school has been notified so you don't need to worry about that. She will also need plenty of rest." As she explains, the Smiths hang on to her every word. They look at each other and nod in agreement. I'm certain that if given a notepad they would have written everything down word by word.

"Don't worry Cassandra, she will be taken care of." Mrs. Smith says as she looks at me. Her eyes show emotions that I haven't seen since my parents died years ago.

'Do not start thinking about them.' I know I shouldn't, but I can't help it. Do you miss them as much as I do? 'Sometimes even more than I should.'

"It was nice meeting you Mr. and Mrs. Smith." Case shakes their hands and turns to me. "See you soon Alex and please be good, no funny business." She narrows her eyes at me when I roll my eyes.

"How many times do I need to tell you, I was defending myself. It's called self-Defense." Why can't she just drop it? I did my time for that incident.