Twelve - New Revelations

Hi, Readers! Thank-you all for your votes, comments and suggested edits. (Special thanks to _CatTheThief_ and rlm1948 for taking the time to make editing suggestions on previous chapters this past week.) Thanks to those who referred the book on to your friends... your support is completely appreciated! Hope you enjoy the new perspective from Jaxon's point of view. Love to hear your thoughts!

 Love to hear your thoughts!

JAXON SPEAKING

"Hey, you're back," I said, swirling my drink over the ice cubes in its glass. Looking at the golden liquid, I lifted it up to my lips to polish it off, then placed the tumbler back on the table, making the cubes of ice clang against the glass. The basketball game was on in the background, but I couldn't pull myself from my thoughts to really watch it. "I assume you followed them after I left," I said looking up at him as he walked in.

"Yeah. They stopped at Sage's place then drove over to Wren's," Robin replied as he sat down taking the seat across from me. "It looks as though Sage is planning on staying the night there."

"How do you figure?"

"She had this huge king-sized pillow she was carrying out to the car when they left her house." He smiled like he was thinking about something else he'd like to do with Sage and her bedding.

"Hey, gutter boy, anything else?" I asked, kicking him under the table trying to drag his thoughts back into the conversation. "You know, anything unusual happen?" He picked up the bottle of rye from the middle of the table and poured the golden liquid over the remaining ice in my glass then pushed it across the table until it was in front of me. "That's not a good sign," I said looking at it. "Am really going to need this?"

He nodded, "So, I stuck around for a bit, you know just to be sure they were staying there for the night. Then something happened."

"What do you mean something happened?" I could feel my internal thermostat starting to rise.

"You know Wren, so I can't really be sure. But what I do know, there was a huge power draw on the circle. I was hanging out in my car watching the house when all the stones on my leather lit up at the same time," he said pulling on the cord of stones that hung around his neck looking completely amazed.