Chapter 13

"Stiles." I heard Mr. Harris call my name. I looked up from my work seeing him wave me over. "The principal wants to see you." He said quietly when I reached his desk. I nodded grabbing my stuff and leaving.

When I walked into the principals office I saw my dad and Scott's mom, Melissa.

"Oh Stiles, honey, I'm so sorry." Melissa wrapped me in a hug.

"It's okay." I said.

"You know Scott turned himself in, right?" My dad asked.

"I heard rumors..."

"Did you know it was him?" The principal asked.

"I was told the other day."

"And you didn't say anything!?" My dad yelled.

"It's not a big deal." I heard my voice getting smaller under my father's stare.

"NOT A BIG DEAL!?"

"John!" Melissa yelled.

My dad took a deep breath and apologized. "Do you realize how much trouble Scott is going to get in?" He asked.

I shook my head.

My dad sighed, "Go get your stuff, I'm taking you home."

I sighed getting up and walking out toward my locker. I felt my phone go off in my pocket.

From: Der
Hey babe, how's your day going? I wanted to know if you wanted to get dinner tonight? I love you.

To: Der
Hi Der. It's okay, Scott turned himself in. And yes. I want to get dinner. I need your wolfy cuddles before I go through rest of the week without you. I love you too.

While I was at my locker I overheard two girls talking about how Scott turned himself in.

"I don't know why Stiles didn't turn him in himself. That's what I would've done." The blonde said flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"If I was him I'd just want everyone to forget about it. He probably didn't say anything because he's sick of hearing about it." The brunette added closing her locker and leaning against it.

"True. I'd want people to forget about it if I had a body like that."

"Like what?" The brunette linked their arms together before the started walking off.

"Did you see the picture? He's kinda pudgy."

The brunette laughed. "True. He should do some crunches."

I tuned them out after that feeling my phone go off.

From: Der
I'll pick you up at 6. And really? I didn't think he would do that.

To: Der
Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it right now. How's your day?

I found my dad waiting in the foyer of my school for me.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." I sighed following him out of the school.

When I got home I went straight up to my room ignoring my dad's request to talk. That's the last thing I wanted. Just like those girls said I want it to just go away. Whether or not they hurt me, what they said was true.

There was a soft knock at my door before my dad walked in.

"Do you want dinner?" He asked.

"No, I'm supposed to go to dinner with Derek."

"Okay, don't stay out to late. And when am I meeting this kid?" He asked with a soft smile.

"Soon. I promise." I gave him a small smile before laying back down.

"Okay, son. Be safe."

---

"Hi, Der" I said getting into his Camaro.

"Hey, you." He said kissing me.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Not sure yet." He chuckled pulling out of my driveway.

"My dad wants to meet you."

"Oh...does he...that's..."

"He's not going to kill you, Der."

"He might though." Derek replied

I laughed, "I highly doubt that. A few threats maybe, but not death."

Derek sighed and pulled into a small diner we go to a lot. He came around to open the car door for me.

"You know, you don't have to do that, right?" I smiled getting out.

"I know, but I also know you secretly like it."

"Very, very true." I smiled taking his hand as we walked inside.

I saw Lydia and Isaac sitting at one of the tables inside. I frowned remembering everything that had happened. Lydia gave me a small smile and pulled out her phone. I knew she was going to text me an explanation but honestly, I don't care who she's friends with. Isaac didn't hurt her, he hurt me.

From: Queen B
I promise it's not what you think.

To: Queen B
I don't care if you're friends with him Lyds.

From: Queen B
You sure?

To: Queen B
Yeah, I gotta go.

From: Queen B
Don't get frisky in that booth. I can see you two! ;)

I shook my head laughing and set my phone on the table. I sat across from Derek listening to him complain about another project he has for his history class. I bit the inside of my cheek as our food came. Derek was now talking about the pack and what he thinks we should do with all the tension going on. I listened to everything he said while I pushed around my food. He changed the subject again.

"Babe, are you okay?" He asked. I looked up and nodded.

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I just want this whole thing to be over." I said. Derek nodded knowing what I was referring to.

"I know, babe." He got up and sat next to me.

"Can you sleep over tonight?" I asked.

"I think I can make that work." He smiled kissing my cheek.

I leaned into him settling into his embrace.

Lydia and Isaac came over taking the spot that Derek was just in.

"Can we please talk?" Isaac asked.

I sighed sitting up, "Yeah, we can talk."