Chapter 37

"Don't shit with me, Adam." I growled at him as I stalked past the counter, not even bothering to glance at him. Why was I being a bitch, you might ask? Guess.

Yep, it's Monday. I may be known as a nerd but I am not necessarily a school lover. The people hate me and the feeling is mutual. I may hate them even more actually, considering the fact that I won't be able to punch the living shit out of them for every insult they throw my way.

"Oh come one, babe, don't be like that." Adam mocked and I made a face at the nickname. I like the guy and all- what? The dude's hot. - but I am not one for lovesick pet names.

Adam chuckled when he caught a glimpse on the ridiculous mocking face. I kept a straight face as I scooped up some bacon, eggs and chocolate chip pancakes from the counter.

"You do know I made those," he pointed out and I huffed out an annoyed breath. You do not mess with a girl on a Monday morning. I turned to face him, ready to kick his ass when a loud thump and a pained grunt came out from behind me, causing the sirens in my head to go off.

I immediately whirled around to face the intruder but relaxed and turned back into a moody bitch once I saw Preston leaning on the door, a hand bracing his body against the frame of the door and the other was clutching his head. His eyes was squeezed shut in pain and I watched silently.

I didn't know he was going to be back home tonight, he usually ends up staying in his friend's house after some party, probably passed out from the amount of liquor he downed the night before.

If I was notified on his presence, I would've stayed at home and didn't bother staying over but a certain someone didn't bother telling me. I turned to Adam with an accusing pointed stare but his hands were already raised in mock surrender.

I scoffed before swiveling back to Preston who has finally stopped groaning but was still caressing his head like it was a fragile china porcelain.

My eyes inspected him and I made a conclusion that for the first time since God knows how long, I wasn't the only one who looked like a dying hippo. I can safely announce that he might even look worse than I do.

"Are you having a hangover?" Adam asked in a curious tone and I cast him an 'are you blind?' look over my shoulder. He shrugged and I decided that I was being a big enough bitch to him, deciding to take it out on his dick of a brother instead.

A groan of confirmation came out of Preston and I smirked, a sick happy feeling resided in me as I watched him stagger into the kitchen.

"Grab me some aspirin, would you?" His voice was hoarse as he reached out to touch me and my hand shot out before he could grab my shoulder and the urge to snap it from his offending comment the last time we were in this kitchen was unbelievably huge.

"Don't touch me," I snapped at him and he reeled back from me, causing me to let go of my arm. He raised both hands in surrender and I glared at him.

You can't blame me for not liking the guy, he practically insinuated that I was a slut.

I kept my hard stare at him and he mumbled to himself, nursing his head while he searched the cabinets for some aspirin. Adam sensed the tension between us and grabbed our plates, maneuvering me to the living room and I instantly felt guilty on the way I acted.

I hate my conscience.

Mumbling to myself, I ignored Adam's questioning eyes and trudged back to the kitchen, dragging my legs along and when I was finally by the kitchen door, I stopped short and locked my eyes with Preston's who was downing a cup of water.

Preston slammed the cup back on the counter, never letting go of my gaze and he seemed like he was about to make a smart comment about my presence but I beat him to it, muttering the words that would probably cause me from embarrassment-stroke.