The Surprise

Chapter 10: The Surprise
-Bex p.o.v.-

"You made the team!" Liam exclaimed excitedly as he climbed up onto my lap.

"Yes, I did." I smiled at him and grabbed a few grapes. "And where were you? You weren't there to congratulate me," I pouted.

He looked down. "I had to stay after with Professor Slughorn because I spilt my potion. He made me clean it up."

I giggled, "I guess I can forgive you." I joked, grinning at him. "But I never got a hug."

He giggled and turned in my lap to hug me. I smiled and hugged back, pulling the small boy to me. He snuggled into my hair, nuzzling into the crook of my neck.

"Can I be the first to hug you before and after every game?" He asked pulling away to look into my eyes.

I smiled at him. "Of course, you can be my good luck charm."

"Really?" His eyes widened in surprise.

"Sure, you can hug me before the game to give me good luck and after to make sure I have good luck for the next game." I nodded.

"Sweet." He mumbled turning back to face the table, but not before I could spot the smile sliding onto his face.

Remus smiled at me, "that's very nice of you." Remus spoke to me once Liam was busy talking to Marlene. "You make him happy, you know, he strives to make you proud."

"Yeah." I sighed looking at the boy animatedly talking to my fellow quidditch team mate. "I can see it in his eyes sometimes. I just don't know how to show him I'm proud and that I love him."

"Just tell him." Remus smiled and took a bite of his chicken.

"Hello." A deep voice spoke from behind.

We all turned to come face to face with our captain.

"Hello Wood." James nodded in greeting.

"Potter." He nodded back. "Alright, Dumbledore, lets start with you," he took a seat beside me, Marlene moved over to make room for him.

"Hello." I smiled.

I noticed Liam looking at him in awe. His jaw was dropped and his eyes wide.

"So, I was think-" Wood started but caught Liam's eye. "Uh. Yes? And who are you?"

"My name's Liam." Liam spoke up, happily introducing himself to the seventh year.

"Hello, my name is Gregory. Most people know me as Wood, though, but you can call me Greg." He held out his hand.

Liam placed his small hand in Wood's large one. "Woah. You have big hands."

"I'm a big guy." Wood shrugged, as if being told that by a first year was a normal occurrence.

Liam shrugged in content. "You aren't that big," he said and looked at Wood thoroughly.

Wood stood, "now am I big?" He looked down at Liam, and Liam craned his neck up to see Wood'a face.

"Woah." Was Liam's reply.

"Yeah." Wood chuckled.

-

We all walked into the common room and as I was about to sit on the couch I was lifted into someone's arms.

"Hey!" I exclaimed in surprise, "Sirius, put me down."

"Are you forgetting your surprise?" He smirked. He continued on his way, going up the stairs to the boys dorm and entering his dorm room.

"Okay, close your eyes." James said from deeper inside the dorm room, I could hear the grin in his voice.

"Alright." I sighed but did as I was told. Sirius set me down on someone's bed and there was a lot of shuffling around before I was allowed to open my eyes.

I pulled my hands away from my face and looked down in the hands of the boys. They were each holding mini figurines.

"You got me tiny dolls?" I asked, confused.

"No!" James said half amused and half hurt. "It's mini replicas of the team. See there's me, and Sirius, you and Marlene, there's Wood, Johnson and then Cromwell." James pointed to each of the mini figurines when saying the correct name.

"And here are the keepers goalposts, the snitch, quaffle, beaters bats, and bludger." Sirius pointed to the items.

"And here is the field." Remus gestured to the board.

"What does it do?" I asked still confused.

"They play a game." James said. "See they fly on brooms."

"Where are the opponents?"

"We can't get you those until we know who the people on the other teams are." Remus explained.

"Do you like it?" James asked in the same sad voice as before, hope ringing out in his tone.

I nodded, "yeah, it's impressive. Thanks guys, it's amazing, I love it." I smiled and gave them each a hug.

"No problem." They spoke together.

We stayed in their dorm all night, talking and playing with the mini quidditch team and eventually falling asleep.

---------

There was her surprise gift. What do you think guys? Comment, vote, share, follow, etc. thanks!

*EDITED*