36: Said Girlfriend

"I have the boarding passes. I have everything," I called out to Carter, from my room. I straightened out my sundress before walking into the living room. "You hired a housesitter?" I asked once I caught sight of a woman holding Anna on her lap.

She began laughing which made me weary. "Why am I not surprised? I'm Rissa." She held her hand out for a handshake. "Declan's wife."

"You're married?" I exclaimed, whirling around to face Declan. I then realized I left Rissa's hand hanging. "Sorry. I'm Bailey."

"Now that we're all acquainted, can we go? The cab's packed and he's waiting for us." Carter said. "Why are you wearing a dress?" He asked me once he locked the door to our apartment.

"Because I can't meet your parents in sweats. Plus, you never know who you're going to see. I have to look good at all times." He remained silent. "This is the part when you say, 'but you look beautiful, even without the make-up.'"

"But that would be a lie." I shoved him, punching him in the arm. "Ow! I'm kidding. I'm kidding. You still look beautiful without the makeup."

"You are so sweet, Carter." I batted my eyelashes, holding onto his bicep.

"I always get the crazy bit-"

'"Finish that sentence. I dare you." He tightened his lips, and I smirked before getting into the cab.

"For people who aren't serious, you two sure act like a married couple." Declan noted.

~∞~

We had finally touched down in Oahu, Hawaii and by the looks of it, I was already in heaven. "I don't understand how an island can be so beautiful. It's like paradise."

"It is paradise." Carter corrected. He lifted another bag off the conveyor belt, propping it onto the trolley. "I just want a massage. I think you dislocated parts of my neck."

"You were an amazing pillow and I promise I'll give you a massage when we get to the place."

"I'm holding you to that." He pulled the last of our luggage onto the trolley and we began walking towards the exit where Declan was waiting for us by the taxi.

"Took you long enough," Declan said once he caught sight of us.

"Don't rush me." As they loaded the suitcases into the trunk, I got into the car greeting the driver before paying my attention to Rissa and Anna.

"Nervous?" she asked.

"Very. Who the hell brings a fling to a wedding without warning." Rissa began laughing loudly.

"The more you refer to it as a fling will not change the fact that you're practically in love with the guy. Everyone can see it."

"Love isn't in my vocabulary."

"For now," she replied, wittily. I narrowed my eyes at her. "Your defensiveness is only proving my point."

"No wonder you and Declan are together. Your slick comments are almost just alike." Carter and Declan joined us in the van soon and we headed towards the resort the wedding was being held at which also happened to be where we were staying.

The drive took just over twenty minutes seeing as we traveled towards the coast of Oahu. Once we got out of the cab, I can say the drive was well worth the wait. "I'm not so mad at you forcing me to come with you anymore," I told Carter, as we walked hand-in-hand towards the check in desk.