1. Sherlock's first day.

Okay, this is my first real story I'm writing. Also, sorry for spelling mistakes... I'm Dutch. ^^

Sherlock heard a knock on his door.

"Sherlock, for god's sake, you'll be late for your first day of school, hurry up!" Mycroft exclaimed.

Today was the day that Sherlock was going to his new university. He was thrown out of his old school because one of his experiments got out of hand. He kind of burnt his room. Luckily he had no roommate, because that could have end badly. After many warnings, Sherlock had gotten expelled from school. He didn't mind because everyone hated him. He had no friends. He was the loser of the school.

"Coming!" He said reluctantly and leapt out of bed and got himself dressed. He grabbed his luggage and some bags and dragged it downstairs. One of his bags fell from his back onto the stairs, sliding downstairs, books scattered on the floor. He rolled his eyes, grabbing everything together.

"Sherlock!" Mycroft shouted.

"I'm coming!" He mumbled loudly. He put the books into his bag and placed the luggage and bags at the front door. He strolled into the kitchen. "I'm ready," he sighed.

"Oh, look at my handsome boy." His mother pulled him into an embrace.

"Mom, I'm 17 years old. Don't call me a boy. I'm a grown man!" He said annoyed.

"You are not, little brother," Mycroft teased.

"Oh shut up!" Sherlock growled.

"Oh boys, behave yourselves!" She exclaimed. She glanced over at Sherlock. "Are you sure you've got everything?" She asked. Sherlock rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Yes mum, I'm fine." He replied in annoyance.

"I'm sorry dear, but I just want to make sure you're going to be alright." The taxi honks. "Well, seems like the cab has arrived. Good luck today Sherlock. Mycroft arrives tomorrow in the morning. Don't get in any trouble, will you."

Sherlock rolled his eyes once again. "I won't mum."

She gave him a peck on the head. "Good, don't forget to text me when you've arrived."

He nodded and headed outside. The cabbie helped him with his luggage and put it in the trunk.

Sherlock stepped into the taxi, giving the address to the cabbie. The man pressed the accelerator and they started to move forward. Sherlock glanced outside, and saw a crying mother and a happy Mycroft at the front door, waving him off. He cringed, feeling ashamed.

The cab arrived at the university. Sherlock looked outside the window, his eyes widening at the sight of the giant building. He crawled out of the cab, thanked the cabbie and carried his luggage to the bottom of the front steps, with a great effort. He dragged his huge bags inside and walked to the reception.

"Hello, I'm Sherlock Holmes." He said coldly.

The reception lady nodded and handed him a slip of paper. "Room 221 is yours. You'll share a room with John Watson." She said kindly.

Sherlock frowned. "Can't I have a single room?"

The woman researched it on the computer. "I am sorry; all the single rooms are taken."

Without a word Sherlock wandered away, searching for his room. The place was crowded with students, greeting each other and chatting about random things. Sherlock walked with his head down, snaking his way through the crowd to get a glimpse of the room numbers of the doors that lined the hallway. Once he reached the wall and freed himself from the sea of people, he finally had a chance to take in his surroundings. The hallway resembled that of a rest home. Old and dull. The corridor was tinted red.

Sherlock heard the school bell and sighed in relief. Now he will get a proper chance to find his dorm room. When Sherlock was in the right corridor he slowed down his pacing, looking at the room numbers.

"219, 220, ah 221," he mumbled. He slowly opened the crooked door, peeking inside to see if his roommate was inside. His roommate was absent in the room. Probably he's in the class already.

Sherlock's eyes panned the room- bland and simple; two desks, a wardrobe and a bed for each; nothing special, just a dull room, quite clean. At the end of the occupied bed, there was a door, probably the bathroom. Sherlock walked over and opened it.

He rapidly closed it again when he saw a young man with golden blonde hair sitting on the loo.

"Oh my, I am sorry!" Sherlock said loudly with a trembled voice. Well done Sherlock, what a good first impression. He thought.

"Don't worry." The guy said in reassuring, with an embarrassed laugh.

Sherlock sighed and walked over to the empty bed. He didn't bother to unpack his bags, so he just threw them next to his bed, grabbed a science book, flopped down onto the bed and started to read.

After several minutes the bathroom door opened slowly, and the boy from before waddled outside and walked towards his wardrobe. He coughed. "Hello, my name is John Watson." He said shyly, while taking some clothes.

Sherlock briefly made eye contact with John and turned his eyes back to his book. "Hmm, Sherlock Holmes," he mumbled.

"Are you new here?" John asked.

"Idle question, John. Isn't it obvious?" Sherlock said, eyes locked onto his book.

John didn't answer him. Sympathetic man... John thought as he closed the bathroom door and got changed. He should have been in class already, but he barely slept during the night, and when he did it was 5am already. So when his alarm went off at 7am, he just stayed in his bed. John's grades were okay, except science; he didn't understand a word of it, so he tried to study it a bit last night. He still didn't figure it out.

After John got changed he walked back into the room, briefly glancing at his roommate, and grabbedhis satchel. He then walked to the door. "Want me to bring you to your class?" John asked friendly.

"No, I'm fine." Sherlock said with annoyance.

John frowned as he stared at his roommate. "Just wanted to help," he said flatly.

"I don't have classes today," he mumbled.

John nodded and disappeared from the room.

Short first chapter, I'm sorry. Future chapters will be longer.