Day 4+5

Day 4+5

____

In the past handful of years, I have envisioned many ways to kill Kale Mathews; however, I never thought it would be in the middle of nowhere full of nothing but  chickens and farmland.

I stare at my soggy clothes in disgust; not only were we lost, hungry, broke, and dirty, but we also had no forms of communication that could lead us back home.

My day had taken the turn for the worst.

Earlier

I woke up this morning in a good mood, that is, until I realized I had to go over to Kale's house. Not the slightest bit excited, I made my over to his house. A structure that stood two stories tall, decorated with many windows and white paint.

I've never understood why the Mathews live in such an 'average' house; I mean, Mr. Mathews is a lawyer and a philanthropist while his wife grooms the fashion industry with her elegance and class. 

It is obvious to anyone that the couple makes millions a year and yet they live in such a low-class home. Granted, they were almost never home because I for one haven't talked to Kale's parents for over 5 years! And I've been living next to Kale for almost seven! 

My heart actually feels a tinge of sympathy towards the demon-child. Can you imagine living in a house that has no one there 24/7? No one to care for you and help you when you need it the most?

Seeing Kale’s relationship with his parents, makes me grateful for mine. Even though we weren’t rich with physical money, we had everything that money couldn’t buy.

I snap out of my thoughts as I ring the doorbell.

"I'M COMING!" A muffled voice shouts. Soon enough, the door opens to reveal a shirtless Kale. 

I almost scoff. "Is there anytime you are actually with a shirt?"

"Why, does it bother you?" Kale asks smirking.

This time I actually scoff. "Of course not. I just find it completely ridiculous that you have to walk around wearing no shirt for no reason!"

The bastard was still smirking! Oh, what I would do to wipe that smirk off his stupid, but handsome, face.

Wait a second... what? 

I mentally scold myself for thinking such a thing. Sure Kale may seem a little bit attractive at times but that didn’t explain is crappy personality or his behavior.

"Whatever, sweetheart. I actually came back from a run while I waited for you, since you take forever to wake up."

"I woke up at ten!"

"And that proves my point. I woke up at five."

"What normal teenager wakes up at five in the mornings? Especially on weekends?" I yell exasperatedly.

He smirks again. "I do. Now come inside. We have work to get done."

Kale leads me to the kitchen which has my jaw dropping in seconds. Everything, from the cabinets to the floor, was white. Even the counters had a solid-white marble surface. 

After analyzing the place, my eyes turn to Kale who is staring at his feet.

He clears his throat, as if sensing I was looking at him. "I know it's a bit too much for a kitchen but my parents..."

I cut him off. "It’s beautiful, actually."

He looks up and for the first time I notice how nice his eyes really are. They were such an interesting shade of blue with an indescribable beauty behind them. However, what I found more interesting was a spark of something behind Kale's eyes that looked like sadness.