I love you

(A/N: this chapter jumps ahead in time to august and then later on to new years.)

Hermione stood looking out the window in her small kitchen. She couldn't believe it was already summer, time had flown by pretty uneventful since Ron had been taken off the streets. Ginny had given birth to the most beautiful little girl, Lily, aside from Rose of course. 

*knock, knock*

Hermione walked over to open the door, revealing a blonde brandishing a bouquet of flowers.

"What have you done this time?" Hermione teased.

"Nothing, just putting one in the bank for next time," Draco joked.

Hermione took the flowers putting them in a vase.

"So where's the little one?" Draco asked.

"With Ginny and Lily, she just loves people younger than her," Hermione laughed.

"So, we have the place to ourselves," Draco raised one eyebrow.

Hermione shook her head laughing, slapping him playfully on the arm. Draco walked over to the kitchen taking an apple from the bowl on the counter.

"Are you addicted to them or something?" Hermione gestured towards the apple.

"Just like them," Draco informed her between bites.

"Liking them doesn't even start to describe your obsession."

"Fine I love apples," Draco laughed, "but not as much as I love you," he added.

------------------------------------

"Ten, nine, eight-" Draco and Hermione stood with the Potters and Rose stood on the top of a secluded hill just outside a small muggle town.

"Seven, six, five-" they were counting down until they start of the new yea and for Draco and Hermione their first anniversary. Draco had his arm round Hermione's waist with his other hand fiddling with something in his pocket - he was terrified.

"Four, three, two-" the little ones were getting very excited to watch their first muggle firework display, the year before they had watched George's magical one but this different.

"ONE! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!"

Draco spun Hermione round to face him bringing his lips to meet hers. The kiss was shorter than either of them would have liked. They both quickly forgot that though when Draco dropped down onto one knee.

"Hermione, you make the happiest man on earth. I didn't think it was even possible to love someone this much until I met and now I don't know what I did without you. I love you. Will you marry me?" Draco looked into her eye opening the small box. It held a ring, the band a emerald snake, the jewel a diamond for it's eye.

"Yes!" Hermione squealed, "Oh my God yes!"

Draco slipped the ring onto her finger, holding her hand his as he stood up. Crashing their mouths back together, the fireworks going off behind them describing how they felt inside.

When they pulled apart Ginny pulled Hermione into a tight hug, "Let's see the ring then!" Ginny squealed possibly more excited than Hermione.

"Congrats man, just remember; if you hurt her, I hurt you," Harry warned Draco.

"I'd never hurt her."

"Can I call him Daddy now?" Rose asked.

"If you want," Hermione told her, "along as he doesn't mind."

"Can I call you Daddy?"

"Yea, sure."