Chapter Two

"Camila, not to know your business or anything, but why the fuck do you have all this stuff?" an exhausted Lauren said motioning to the keepsakes, or clutter depending on which of the girls you asked, on her desk.

"Box under the chair," Camila said nonchalantly.

"Sorry?" Lauren remarked

"Look in the box under my desk chair" Camila answered

"What? Why?"

"Jesus Christ, Lo. Take your arms, lean down, pull out that shoe box from under my chair, put it on the desk, and take a look" Camila continued hanging her clothes. They had been working for hours and were finally almost done.

"Oh my god, I still have them too." Lauren smiled. Camila walked over to her desk and quietly observed Lauren as she emptied the box's contents.

"Taylor made fun of me for like a week when she found out I was bringing all our memories to college." Lauren mumbled "I'm so glad you did too"

"I didn't feel right leaving ever single picture we've ever taken at home, plus I figured we were going to add to the- wait, you have your box too?" Camila questioned.  Ever since they met in grade 8, they kept and made two copies of every picture they've taken together in a shoe box under their bed. Both girls had taken the box with them and never really questioned what the other had done with theirs but it was a warm reminder of their friendship and how strong it was.

"Shit, Camz, do you remember this?" Lauren motioned to the picture in her hands. To say Lauren was holding a picture in her hand was an understatement, she was holding a story.

"How could I forget?" Camila questioned

-Flashback-
The five friends sat around the fire, they were planning on having their first experience with alcohol but they all failed trying to steal something from their parents' liquor cabinet. Though they would never say it aloud, the best friends were relieved they weren't given the opportunity to chicken out because god knows they all would have. It was just after one am and the fourteen-year-olds were talking about how excited they were for Christmas. Miami never got that cold and therefore permitted nights like this by the beach in the middle of December.

"At this point, if a fish jumped out of the ocean, I would kiss it just to get my first kiss over with! This is ridiculous!" A teenage Camila expressed "You've all had your first kiss! Where is mine?!"

"My first kiss wasn't even a week ago" Normani laughed, the girls broke into laughter, even a frustrated Camila cracked a smile.

"It just makes me rethink turning down all those fuckboys and girls" Camila was about to continue but was stopped by Dinah thinking out loud.

"I'll never get over how comfortable you are with your sexuality, Mila, we're so proud of you"

"HEY, I CAME OUT TOO!" Lauren scoffed a little more loudly than intended. Redness found her cheeks as everyone began to laugh.

"We're proud of both of you" Ally stated, looking to Camila, motioning for her to finish.

"I know what you're all thinking, that I shouldn't put such importance on this, and I honestly don't. That's why I just wanna get it over with!" Camila ranted

"Then it's easy, find someone you're comfortable with and just tell them your predicament" Dinah offered

"Oh come on, don't tell her that! Mila, cherish your first kiss, make it special" Ally added but Dinah was having none of that.

"Ally, let the girl live, she'll have many other kisses, let her get it over with!"

"Okay guys, let's brainstorm, who can I ask?" Camila spoke.