[02]: WHITE SHEETS

__
CHAPTER TWO;
[ WHITE SHEETS ]
[CONSTELLAION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER TWO;[ WHITE SHEETS ][CONSTELLAION || GLENN RHEE]

___

     Athena opened her eyes slowly, waking up without still feeling tired for the first time in awhile. Her eyes looked above her and she saw a white ceiling, and suddenly everything came crashing down on her again. She sat up quickly, her throat clenching up as she remembered what had happened. Was it a dream? Was Atlas really dead? Where was she? What had happened?

She looked around in panic, seeing a plate of food and two full water bottles covering the nightstand next to her. Her mouth watered as she eyed the peanut butter and jelly sandwich, immediately wanting to dig into the snack. What if it was poisonous though? What if they were trying to kill her? What if—

"You know we're not going to harm you, right?" A soft voice said from the corner of the room suddenly. Athena snapped her head up to see a boy around her age standing in the corner of the room with his hands tucked into his pockets. "I mean, you would be able to tell if we were going to poison you."

Athena backed up into the headboard and her hands immediately went to her back pocket where she usually kept a knife, but her fingers were met with nothing but denim. She looked up at the boy with foreign features and squinted at him suspiciously.

"We took your pocket knife, and your gun, and your throwing knives, and your machete. Well, I didn't, Rick did, all I did was make you something to eat, which may I point out, is not at all poisonous," he said to her with a smile, beaconing towards the food welcoming.

Athena wanted to speak back to him and tell him off, but her heart told her not to. Not to speak at all since her brother, Atlas, was not here. For some reason, Athena felt like she was dishonoring him if she spoke, so she would remain silent in the meantime until she could forgive herself for letting him die.

"My names Glenn," the boy introduced, "If you need anything, I'm next door." he smiled before scratching the back of his neck, "You really should eat."

Athena turned her head away from him and instead looked out the window. Glenn, the Korean boy, Athena assumed, took this as a cue to leave. He walked out of the room, leaving her alone with a plate of food and water. She looked over at the meal once again, and her body craved the food, but it could be poisonous. She didn't trust the boy for starters. She didn't trust anyone anymore. So instead she faced the other way and ignored the food and water, the feeling of lightheadedness making its way back to her after awhile. She felt sick, like she was going to throw up, but she forced herself not to. Not here, she would look weak.

Athena braided her hair in the meantime, weaving it into French braids that fell to her chest area. She had cut it multiple times after the outbreak when one day a walker had grabbed ahold of her hair on a run. She did the same with Atlas, making it as short as possible so it wasn't long enough to get tangled in, but lately, she didn't have time to cut it, so she shrugged it off.