e i g h t

Sierra Wilson

Dillon arrived home around 8 o clock that night after he texted me telling me he was gonna be late after all.

I sat on the couch flipping through a magazine.

My eyes scanned through the pages as the front door burst open.

"Hey babe" Dillon smiles, he walks over to me, pulls me up and places his lips forcefully on mine.

"Woah, what's gotten into you?" I smirk.

"Nothing" Dillon says, releasing me from his grip.

"Anyway, I ordered some Chinese for dinner, an I was thinking we could watch a movie, how's that sound?"

"Good" Dillon says, pecking my lips softly.

I take the Chinese take out boxes and place them on the coffee table in the living room.

I unfold a soft fleece blanket and place it on the couch.

Dillon sets up Netflix and scrolls through the endless amount of movies before selecting a random one we've never seen before.

We settle into the couch and I lean my head onto Dillon's shoulder and begin to devour the delicious take out.

All of a sudden the smell of the air changes.

I tilt my head a little to the left and silently sniff the collar of Dillon's work shirt.

I can faintly smell the slight stench of name brand perfume.

I ignore it and try to focus on the movie playing on the screen.

Pushing the thought out of my head is harder than I thought, the stench is still there and it doesn't help with the fact that there's a possibility he's cheating on me.

I finally take notice of Dillon's right foot anxiously tapping against the hardwood floor.

I divert my eyes to the floor and I can't help but notice the prominent bulge in his pants.

I begin feeling uncomfortable, not knowing what cause that, "babe, I think I'm gonna head to bed, my head kinda hurts" I say, making up a random lie.

"Alright, I'll um be up in a while" Dillon says pecking a kiss on my forehead.

I head upstairs to the bedroom and change into some comfy clothes and peel back the covers of the bed.

I crawl into bed and grab my phone off of the nightstand.

I open my messages and begin to text Shawn;

To Shawn 😘: hey

Soon he begins typing back, making the three dots appear on screen.

From Shawn 😘: how is everything?

To Shawn 😘: alright I guess, but I noticed something

I heard the sound of the tv click off from downstairs meaning Dillon would be coming up in a few minutes.

From Shawn 😘: what, what is it??

To Shawn 😘: I have to go, Dillon's coming, can we meet up tomorrow?

From Shawn 😘: sure, we can meet at Starbucks?

To Shawn 😘: yeah sounds good, i'll see ya tomorrow, goodnight xx

From Shawn 😘: goodnight, sleep well xx

The bedroom door creaks open, I click off my phone, quickly placing it under my pillow and pretend to be asleep.

I feel the bed dip as Dillon gets into bed.

Soon after, the sound of clicking fills the room, I slightly open my eyes to see Dillon typing away on messages.

I turn my back against him and lay there with my eyes open.

A little while later, Dillon's heavy breaths escape his lips signaling that he fell asleep.

I press my face gently against my pillow and listen to the sound of his breathing until I eventually fall asleep.

-

I wanna know your thoughts on this book

What do you think?

Let me know cause I love all your opinions and hearing your feedback!!

And I really love writing this book!!

-meg xx