Chapter 11: Bonding

"We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don't judge." – Adriana Trigiani

Please Vote

Comment

And Follow me ...

................................

Eleanor Pallos' POV

        I woke up feeling empty and alone. After that kiss with Nicolai, I felt like hell. The feeling like I betrayed my sister.

Speaking of my sister, I was wondering if she needed me.

I glance on the small clock beside my table and it says ten in the morning. It's Saturday so I have no classes, except some reports that should be done soon.

God, I'm starting to hate hotel management.

I lazily swung my legs out of my bed and dragged my drowsy self to the washroom to do my morning routine like washing my face and brushing my teeth before my breakfast.

Not long, I was venturing through the hallway. Just as I pass my sister's room which is two rooms before the staircase, I heard her voice.

I thought to ask her of any activities today.

Her room is ajar. I walk closer and again that guilt feeling assaulted me and it's breaking my heart.

I shook thd the thoughts off and was about to knock when I heard her pained voice.

"I still love you Xandrous. Please tell me you do and I will break the engagement." I heard her crying as she talks. Her voice is raspy but clear enough to hear her pleadings.

I was shock with the revelations I just heard.

Why didn't I notice that?

She loves Xandrous?

She's hurting?

I had to do something, but what or how?

Just hearing her crying like that breaks my heart. Why diddn't she objected when dad announced the arranged marriage?

Why did she agreed?

"So, just like that?" She croaked. "Well then, Goodbye Xandrous!" I heard her said. I could feel the pain, hatred and the determination in her voice.

Then seconds later, she burst into tears, wailing. Then a loud thud and when I peak through the small opening of the door with deep curiosity, I saw her laying on her chest crying hard on her bed.

I slowly and quietly sneak inside and saw her cellphone on the floor, pillows everywhere, her small disney alarm clock was on one corner. Her room is a disaster.

My heart clenched at the sight of her. She didn't notice me so I called her. "Vicky."

She was still on her position and I could hear her sniffing, crying silently while cursing incessantly.

I walk closer to her and still debating if it's good time to talk to her.

"I hate you Xandrous ... *sniffing* .. I hate you!" Her raspy voice tells that she's been crying for a while.

"Vicky," I called once again as I sat beside her, touching her shoulder to tell her my presence.

"Go away Elle!" She hissed, but didn't move.

"I'm sorry to intrude, but I hate to see you crying." I croak as I gulp. I really do hate it and it really pained me to see her pain.

I thought she will stubbornly push me out of her sight but she sat upright. Her eyes are bloodshot and puffy.