Being Watched.

Sam's POV.

"I'll see you tomorrow guys!" I yelled, grabbing my bag after shrugging on my brown jacket, two minutes from walking out.

"Yeah, text me when you're home, see you tomorrow," Jeremy responds, deep in conversation with some chick named Aurora, who sends me a small smile.

Shaking my head, I left.

Jeremy was like the big brother I never had. He's protective, funny, charming and have a great personality. I could definitely see a long term friendship brewing.

There's just one thing or person rather, that keeps me on alert. Niklaus Mikealson. Everything about that guy scream danger to me and I just can't figure out how my mother knows or got involve with him. Was she supposed to mention him to me? Why haven't I seen her for days? Is she okay or has she abandon me like she did before. I didn't know anymore.

I was snapped into reality when my Dad's car suddenly slows down. I glanced at the gas and discovered it was empty.

Damn it. I must've passed the gas station when I was too busy thinking about this Niklaus guy. I turned off the radio as Katy Perri ~Wide Awake starts.

All I wanted to do was go home and fucking sleep, wide awake my ass.

I grabbed my phone from my purse, immediately dialing my father's number.

Voicemail.

I groaned aloud, angryly shoving the phone back into the bag, after calling seven times and all I got was the voicemail. He must've fell asleep.

I looked around my surrounding and my frown deepens when all I see is the forest, and fog.

At this point, I'm mentally fighting myself with whether to walk for half an hour to get home or not.

I know for sure that I'm not staying the night in the car, so I grabbed my bag and exited. I secured the car then began walking towards my house.

Every minute I would look back for any sign of a dangerous creature or person, thank God no one was following me, yet I have this weird feeling of being watched.

I pulled my jacket closer to me as the cold wind picked up. It has been a very cold night so I quicken my pace. All of a sudden the rain starts, heavily pouring might I add. "Just my fucking luck!"I said, a groan in place.

I continued to feel eyes on me but when I look around I saw nothing and it was freaking me out. Then, I heard it.

Footsteps. Loud ass ones.

I froze. Forgetting how to move my feet at the sound of the strangers footsteps. To say that I was scared was an understatement.

The footsteps got closer and closer, and like the girl I am, I was having a panic attack. Literally.

I somehow got the courage to run, dropping my bag to the cold ground. I really didn't want to be raped or murdered in the middle of nowhere. I'm scared shitless, I ran faster despite the heavy downpour of rain and the burning sensation of my lungs.

Chuckles.

That's all I heard as I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I was screaming at the top of my lungs for help but got no answers.

"Nobody can save you, sweetheart." I heard the male voice says. It sounds so unfamiliar, yet I don't plan on finding out who it was. I ignored the person and kept running.

"Stop running, you're wasting energy." he said, suddenly appearing in front of me. I stopped and ran in the direction to my car. Shit.

Wrong way Samantha.

Then it clicked, he's a vampire. And I can't outrun him. "Go away, leave me alone!" I shouted, grabbing my now dirty bag.

"I'm not going anywhere, now if you want your mother, you'll stop running." he smirks, knowing he had me.

I stopped in my tracks as he says 'mother'. He has her.

"What? Where's my mom?" I asked angrily, looking at his face that is hidden behind a hoodie.

All I can see was his blood red eyes and his black T-shirt and jeans that fitted him perfectly with a black converse.

Is black all he wears? I sigh, now is not time to check him out.

"Oh, I don't have Christine, Sam." he answers, smirking at my trembling and scared form.

"How do you know my name? Who are you?"I asked, but got no answer.

I was on the verge of exploding like a volcano.

"Then who has her?"I asked again, annoyed at his sly smirk.

"My brother." he says, vamp-speeding in front of me, I gasp and took steps back. "And you, my dear, are very important to me." he voiced, grabbing my neck, tilting it to the side; exposing my pulsing vein.

My heart started to beat rapidly against my chest. I didn't want to die like this, what would happen to Dad? He's been through a lot, first my mom, then me, it would drive him mad. I started begging the stranger to let me go.

He leans closer to my neck and I continued fighting against him but its no use, he's stronger than me.

If my heart beat any faster, I'm sure I would be dead.

"Let her go, Elijah." I heard a voice say.

________________

Elijah, the bad guy?