[9]: It's Going To Be Me

I don't care what you think as long as it's about me
The best of us can find happiness in misery
~Fall Out Boy | I don't care

[9]: It's Going To Be Me

Wherever I go, someone is there asking about me and Seth.

People are soooo nosey.

And the only solution I can avoid them was being with the devil himself.

*Lunch*

I found Seth walking towards the cafeteria and I ran to walk beside him.

"Why can't I be like you? Why won't the people leave me alone?" I said, exasperated.

Seth chuckled. "That's what you get if you run away from bike rides."

"You eating with us again?" I asked.

Just then, Tristan and Jesse walked alongside of us, Jesse beside Seth and Tristan beside me so Seth and I were in the middle of them both.

"Secure the perimeter, make sure none of those gossip-lovers reach both Mr. Deavon and Ms. Hartens." Jesse said, in walkie-talkie tone of voice.

"Roger that." Tristan replied.

We entered the cafeteria and squeals and gushed and stares greeted us. It was like we were some celebrities from Hollywood.

I walked toward my bestfriends and sat down in my usual seat.

"They're eating with us?" Jasmine asked.

"Don't know." I replied.

"We should make sure Ms. Hartens' safety from those girls who likes to mob her." Tristan said.

"Who are you, her bodyguards?" Grace asked.

"Yep. And a dollar per hour." Tristan replied.

"What?" I gasped.

"Hey, you said you didn't like the way people treat you so here we are." Jesse said.

"I didn't tell you to be my bodyguards! I don't even need one." I said.

"Whatever. Then we're volunteering!" Tristan said.

"But volunteering doesn't need to be paid." Jasmine pointed out.

"Then you and I have a very different understanding on 'volunteer'." Tristan stated.

Jasmine rolled her eyes.

"Well, maybe we'll just go and not bother you guys." Ivan politely said.

"Hey, hey, no, no." The four of us immediately said. "It's cool. You can eat with us." Ethan said.

"Yeah, and you can eat with us everyday if you want." Grace added.

"Huh, sweet." Arthur mused.

"Table boys!" Tristan said.

Jesse and Arthur left and got a table.

***********************

~Music~

I slipped on a seat with Grace while Ethan and Jasmine sat behind us.

I notice Seth sit on the very back of the room一as always一with Tristan.

"Good Morning class!" Mrs. Wein, a pretty woman in her late thirties, greeted in her singsong voice.

"So today, I've come up with something for your projects." She said.

The class groaned.

"No, no. No papers or pens or any decorative materials this time. It will be the use of your voices." Mrs. Wein assured. The class started talking and almost everybody was talking about how 'Seth, Thea and her bestfriends will surely get a high grade'.