Chapter Twenty- Six: The Test Month III (EDITED)

(A/N Just a quick thing, if you can, please try to listen to this song as you read this chapter because it would totally increase the feels....maybe. It did for me so....yeah. Happy reading everyone.)

Shane's POV

I was going insane without Ariel. Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months and I was scared of what was coming next. We've been searching none stop and we've gotten nothing. Nothing.

Chris refused to talk to me, and to be honest, I didn't really blame him. I lost his sister, my mate. My responsibility. My everything. I tried reaching out to her wolf for the hundredth time today and still no response. I feared the worse. Could she be....NO! I would feel it if she was.... I let out a frustrated sigh as I ran a hand through my hair. You need some sleep, my wolf said. You haven't slept since God knows when. Maybe if you sleep, you'll think of something.

No matter how much I wanted to deny it, he was right, I needed it. I got up and walked out of my destroyed office and into our bedroom. All of Ariel's scent has been overtaken my mine. The bed, all of her clothes, it's like she'd never been here. I laid down on the bed and closed my eyes, not expecting for sleep to come easily, but it did.

*****
I woke up in a foreign place. It was dark and smelled like death. I heard the cries of the innocent and the laughter of the evil. I coward as I hear footsteps come closer, but I didn't know why.

It was like I was just watching as someone else controlled the body I was in.

Then I saw him. The man that made my blood boil: Morgan.

"Your time is running out, mutt." He spat. "You better come to your senses before they get you." An evil smirk spread across his face.

My host shook their head and Morgan growled. "Bye Ariel."

Ariel!

All at once, all of her emotions flowed through me. The worse part was, she was going to go into heat any week now, and she's surrounded by all those ruthless males.

I growled.

Don't worry, Ariel. I whispered in her head. I'll be there soon.

I actually woke up in my own body and I immediately felt my wolf push against my boundaries. "Morgan!" We growled in unison, making my voice sound deeper than it normally was, before we stormed out the room, but was stopped by one thing. One person. Zac.

"Zac, move," I growled in my alpha tone, but he didn't move.

"Do you have a plan to get her back?" he asked, ignoring my command.

"Of course I do. Go to Morgan, rip his head off, and get Ariel back. Plain and simple. Now move." I commanded again.

"You can't do that." He stated, causing me to raise an eyebrow. "Ariel needs to do something and if you rush in too soon, you might prevent her from doing what she needs to do. You also need to think about the others in her pack, but most of all, you need to be there for her."

"Of course, I will. I'll always be there for Ariel," I said. "So, by the tone of your voice, you have a plan?" I asked. I know it sounds stupid to ask a five-year-old for help with something like this, but something told me he knew what he was doing.

After he explained everything to me I smiled. "You're smart for a five-year-old."

He shrugged. "I know. Now, let's get this rescue mission started." He said with a smile lighting up his face and I could see a bit of the old Zac shining through his eyes.

I nodded. I know that it's going to be hard and require everything to be perfect, which means it'll take a bit longer for me to get her, but it'll all be worth it for her safety. For her

*****

Hey guys! Sorry for short chapter, but I'ma put out another chapter in a few minutes so that should make up for that. Anyway....THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR GETTING THIS BOOK TO OVER 100K READS! 😊

Words cannot describe how happy I am that you guys are enjoying this book and are loving it. Seriously, I don't know if you know this, but every time I read your comments or see your votes it makes me so happy. I know it's a day after Thanksgiving, but I am truly thankful for all you goofy weirdos and your support.😊

On a totally unrelated note, how would you feel if I said this book only has about 10 chapters left? Also, how would you feel if I said that I already have the first eight chapters of the sequel done?

Just asking unrelated questions...😅

Love y'all-Jordan🦄

P.S. I freaking love Memories by Shawn Mendes. Just....Just thought you should know.

EDITED JULY 16, 2016