Chicken (Steve Rogers x reader)

Steve's fingers dug firmly into your legs as he held on to you, fighting to keep his balance as you thrashed around above him.

"Hey! No hair pulling! That's fighting dirty!" Natasha pulled her head back and looked at you with a renewed sense of determination. "You are so going down!"

Bucky's face turned dark and serious as he helped to steady her balance, "Come on! Get in there, Romanoff!"

Thor and Tony were watching from the sidelines, clearly amused that it had taken so long for a victor to emerge. "Lady (Y/N) is putting up a valiant effort. They appear to be equally matched in their skills."

Tony reached into his pocket, "No way, I'm putting my money on red."

"This has got to be the most violent game of 'chicken' that I've ever seen." Steve mumbled as he moved forward, returning Bucky's fierce expression with his own. "You ready, (Y/N)?"

"Go, Cap!" Your leg muscles tightened to hold onto Steve's shoulders as his hands released you, lunging forward to make this a 4-way battle.

Just as the action began to pick up, Tony's phone began to ring. "Oh, come on! Not now!" He looked down to see who had the audacity to call him at a time like this, when a roar of laughter and a thundering splash came from the pool.

"Son of a bitch! Who won?!"

A smirk crossed Thor's lips as he swiftly pulled the fifty-dollar bill from Tony's hand.

"I did."

~~~

"Stark, thanks for buying the first round!"

"Pfft," Tony huffed, "I still don't know who actually won. For all I know, Thor just stole the cash red-handed."

Thor then picked up his hammer and gave it a quick swing. "I should say not!"

"Yeah, he's clearly still worthy," Steve said. "Stealing seems pretty unlikely."

As the gentlemen were enjoying their drinks, you and Natasha had been out on the dance floor, and were quickly the center of attention, though not always the good kind. It only took two men to be taken down as examples to the others before you were free to enjoy yourselves without having to deal with drunken fools all over you. The men of your team watched as each victim took a hard hit to the floor, knowing full well that you were far from needing their assistance.

"Alright, boys. Time to show these ladies a good time. Who's with me?" Bucky finished the final swallow of his drink, slamming the empty glass down on the table with resolve.

Tony jumped up quickly at this, eager to make it a lively evening out. Steve raised his hands in front of him, declining the offer. "I'm gonna sit this one out, fellas. But please, be my guest." Thor shook his head, clearly far more interested in his drink than with dancing. "I do not understand this type of music."

You saw the two men approaching and gestured to Natasha to be ready. Before she could react, Tony grabbed her by the waist and spun her across the floor. You were pretty sure you heard an actual laugh from her as she was carried out of sight. Bucky was quick to follow, taking your arm and spinning you, then lifting you over his shoulder and flipping you back onto your feet. He danced with a zealous pace, but you were easily able to keep up, laughing out loud as he took control.

"What's troubling you, Steve?"

"Ah, it's nothin'." He shrugged his shoulders, watching the ice move at the bottom of his glass as he swirled it in his hands. "I don't know...I guess...nah, it's nothin." Steve had been watching you intently as you danced with Bucky. He said he didn't want to dance, but in reality he wanted nothing more. Watching you made him ache inside, and the liquor would never be able to quell it.