Little Stevie (Steve Rogers x reader)

"So, there's really a little Stevie in there?" You laughed out loud as Bucky poked at your stomach like he was scared to touch you. "That's kinda gross." Despite his words to his displeasure, he just kept on poking at you.

"I'm not sure if I should be offended or scared that you know something about Steve that I don't. What exactly are you thinking that I have growing in here?"

Bucky's face turned several different shades of red, realizing that sometimes the words in his head are better left in there. "Oh, shit! No, that came out wrong...I meant it's weird...no, that's not right...it's just that a part of that punk is growing...in there..." You put up your hand to stop him, embarrassed for him now. "I guess I just don't have any experience with this sort of thing. I sure as hell never thought he would be having kids one day."

Steve pulled you towards him by your waist, bringing you close so you could sit on his lap. "Believe me, I never thought I'd see the day either." He really had never been happier, and the way he looked at you since you gave him the news that he was going to be a father completely melted your heart. You leaned in to rest your head on his shoulder and hummed in contentment as he rested his hand over the tiny bump in your belly.

"So," Bucky said quietly as he cleared his throat a bit, "what are the top contenders for names. Any thoughts?" He looked to Steve then to you, smiling and with a glimmer of hope in his eyes that his would be in there somewhere, if not at the top of the list. "I have a few."

"We haven't really had time to talk about it," Steve said, "but we'll keep you in mind."

"Yeah, sure you will."

"Aw, Buck, don't feel bad. We don't even know what we're having yet." You gave him a small grin and a wink, laughing quietly, "but your chances are pretty good either way."

Tony walked up to your small group with a serious look on his face that changed the tone of the conversation immediately. "Suit up, kids. Time to go."

Steve lifted you off his lap as he stood to face Tony, "go where?"

"I'll tell you on the way, we gotta move."

You began to head off to grab your gear when Steve pulled you back, "where do you think you're going?" Bucky moved to stand next to him, supporting the Captain's resolve to keep you from going with the team. "You can't be serious?"

"Steve, don't start this already." You glanced back over your shoulder to see Tony pause and turn back towards you. "I thought we talked about this," you moved closer and lowered your voice to a whisper, "let's not do this right now, in front of everyone, okay?"

"We aren't gonna do anything, (Y/N)." His posture had completely changed from the caring and loving Steve that you were with just moments ago. He had fully transformed into the Captain, using his height and muscular build to stand over you authoritatively with his arms crossed over his chest. "I won't allow you to go."

"You won't allow me to go? You scoffed, your tone clearly angering him now. "Marriage doesn't mean ownership, Captain."

"I'm well aware of that, (Y/N), but you don't seem to understand-"

"Alright, knock it off," Tony interjected, "we need her on this. Sorry, Cap, it's my call this time."

~~~

"(Y/N)! I've got you! Just hang on to me, I've got you!"

Your hand was starting to slip from his. He couldn't squeeze any harder, and his other hand was gripping the jet with all of his strength to keep you both from falling.