Chapter 4

© 2013 Sandra Corton

Journal entry 2 Book 2

My journal hasn’t reappeared. I thought if he had taken it, then maybe while he was staying here he would return it. Maybe I was wrong in thinking that he had taken it to begin with.

He has been so nice to me these last few days. Never has he spent so much time with me as what he had recently. The only annoying thing was he kept pestering me to tell him who has been mean to me but I keep quiet. I know it bothers him, he feels like he can’t trust his friends anymore and I feel bad about it.

I don’t know why but I never feel as anxious when he’s around me. Something about Zach makes me feel all warm inside and secure. It’s been such a long time since I felt that good, that in a way I felt guilty for it.

The anxiety is still always there but it is engulfed in the very positive essence that is Zach. I do know one thing though, if it was Zach that took my first journal then I’m going to have to keep this one well hidden. I was writing far too much about him in here.

Chapter 4

Zach’s parents were coming home today and he wasn’t looking forward to it. He had enjoyed being here with Emily so much that he never wanted to go home. Glut had been bothering him though for getting closer to her, especially due to her journal still being hidden at his house.

The rest of him was immensely happy with how she had opened up to him, even the tiniest bit. She still hadn’t said anything or smiled for that matter but she had been a little more approachable than normal.

He saw her out wandering through the back gardens and he decided to take advantage of it. He watched as her blonde hair blew in the breeze and let out a sigh. He was turning into such a bloody stalker! He couldn’t help it though.

There was something about her that was endearing but mysterious that always kept his attention. He liked her so much even though he still felt like he hardly knew her. Maybe that was why he found her so enticing.

“Hey Em!” He called out as she was about to disappear into the woods beside her house. She turned to him with a frown, her thoughts obviously a million miles away. She tilted her head to the side which he took to mean ‘what are you doing here?’

“I saw you walking and you know I’m going home today so um I wanted to talk to you before I left.” He said as he scratched a hand behind his neck.

He thought he was dreaming when the tiniest smile lit her lips, however briefly. He felt his whole chest fill with warmth at just that small but significant gesture. She had smiled at him. The first time he had seen her smile since he had first met her over two years ago. He had never felt so privileged than in that one moment.

She waved a hand in the direction of far deeper into the woods before leading the way. Zach was thankful for having put sneakers on when what he thought what would be a small walk, became an almost hike. She led him into a wonderland.