[03]: ATMOSPHERE

__
CHAPTER THREE;
[ ATMOSPHERE ]
[CONSTELLAION || GLENN RHEE]

__CHAPTER THREE;[ ATMOSPHERE ][CONSTELLAION || GLENN RHEE]

___

     Athena had been awake for at least ten minutes now, not really wanting to get up and deal with all her problems at the moment. But she knew she had to, so she slowly opened her eyes and yawned, leaving the comfort of the bed she was given last night. Yes, she remembered everything that had happened the day before yesterday and yesterday itself, and as she thought about it, leaving seemed like a pretty stupid idea now. She licked her lips before rubbing her eyes and slowly rising up into a sitting position. She swiped her black hair out of her face and yawned again, she was still quite exhausted, but she had much to think about and do, so sleeping was no option. The girl was about to get out of bed when the clank of boots against tiled floor sounded.

Athena jerked her head up as Beth walked into the room wielding a plate of fresh pancakes, eggs, and apple juice. The blonde smiled at her as she set down the tray on the nightstand by the bed she currently laid in.

"You know," she started off, "you gave us quite a scare when Daryl found you by the fence." she chuckled before sitting down at the edge of the bed, crossing her legs as she spoke, "He thought you were, one of those, at first, but then he saw you breathing and brought you in. Papa gave you water, I don't think you remember, and some medicine while you were asleep, said you were on the verge of dying from dehydration and starvation. I cleaned you up by the way, washed the blood off of you. With your clothes on of course." she rushed. "Funny how you came in though, the little boy with the sheriffs hat, Carl, he just got out of that bed an hour before you arrived. He was shot in the stomach by one of our farmers on accident. Out with the old and in with the new I guess." she laughed, pushing her blonde hair out of her face as she spoke.

Athena quirked a brow at her when she finished, realizing that this farm girl with a cute accent was a rambler and a hand talker. She liked her, reminded her of her younger sister, Adeline. The crystal blue eyes and blonde hair that Adeline had taken from their mother while Atlas and Athena took on the brown hair tradition. Really, Beth reminded her of Atlas and Adeline, it explained why she had grown to like her overnight.

Athena grabbed the tray and placed it on her lap, listening to Beth talk with a very small smile on her face as she shoved the food in her mouth quickly. She was still hungry, even though she had eaten a lot last night. Going weeks without eating took a great toll on a person, especially if you're the provider for not only yourself but someone else too. She was still hungry, and she was sure that she would always be, but she couldn't keep eating these people's food, if she wanted to stay. Yes, Athena was thinking about it. If she wanted to stay, she would make her own share. She would hunt and gather for herself so she wouldn't put the burden on everyone else. That's the only way she could really stay even though she felt like she wasn't fitting in at all.