Two : Endangered

Loud explosions sounded off as all four of us ducked with our hands over our heads. The beakers and glass started shattering all around us and the building shook like an earthquake had hit the area.

I couldn't help the cry of pure terror that managed to escape my mouth when another explosion went off.

The alarms are sounding louder than ever, people screaming and running amuck could be heard from here.

Now is not a good time to panic, I told myself.

I tried to calm my frantic nerves but the thought of imminent danger was making it far worse.

Oh my god.

What do we do?

My hands trembled as I reached for my purse, glasses slipping off my nose from the cold sweat that chilled my face.

Not even the thick layer of makeup I caked onto my face could hide how pale I was getting.

We were all going to die.

According to Asuka, the alarms in this facility has never sounded over the last 13 years she has worked here.

And if I'm not wrong, those supernatural beings that we experimented on are going to kill us and there was nothing that we could do about it.

We have nothing here other than needles and glass beakers, nothing that could kill powerful werewolves or bloodthirsty vampires.

Had they killed all the guards outside the labs, then we would be screwed. 

Totally and completely screwed.

Amy and Daryl, my other lab partners, were both trying to hurriedly call for help when our fortified bulletproof walls came shattering down in a massive array of glass.

And I swear, my heart stopped for a split second.

My brain wasn't working at the moment but my instincts were quick to kick in.

I immediately pulled out a lab chair and ducked underneath before pulling the chair back into place. Seeing my actions, my other lab partners did the same.

My entire body trembled when I tried to adjust the thick glasses onto my sweating face with shaking hands that felt as if they were not my own.

Then, I caught sight of them.

Big, tall, bulky, muscled men infiltrated the lab rapidly with sharp canines peeking from their lips and glistening terrifyingly in the light.

Werewolves.

My hands clenched, stomach doing somersaults when their nostrils flared, obviously searching for our scents.

We are screwed.

I scooted further back into the desk, back touching the wall when one of them picked up a desk nearby and tossed it into the wall.

A thunderous crashing sound subsequently followed.

Daryl's quivering form was easily revealed from underneath of the desk. He covered back and attempted to crawl away, but we all knew that it was useless.

I could hear a vicious growl come from the werewolves' throat as if Daryl had angered him by trying to run. The guttural sound bounced from wall to wall when he stalked over, corded muscles bunching under thick flesh in signs of power and strength.

He picked Daryl up by his shirt, pulled the poor guy upwards until they were face to face and Daryl looked like he was about to puke. His face became so pale that it matched his white lab coat.