Chapter 12: Uncertainty

"Risk means 'shit happens' or 'good luck" ― Toba Beta

Please Vote ...

Comment 

And Follow me ...

......................................

Nicolai Petropoulis' POV

        "Why Nicolai?" she repeated. Her intent gaze was piercing through my soul and I lost my voice. I fumble for words to describe why do I care. I look back to the road.

Will it help if I'll admit that I care for her more than like a sister?

I knew everything will be screwed once I admit it. I don't want to hurt neither one of them and Victoria but who am I kidding? Victoria doesn't care for me neither have feelings for me other than being a friend. 

I don't know what's her purpose of agreeing to this sham, but then again, who knows what's running to that wicked brat's mind. 

"Nicolai," she called, interrupting me out of my trance. 

"Sorry." I apologize as I glance at her confused face, then back to the road. "I don't know Elle. I can't understand myself either." I sighed. 

For the first in my life, I felt uncertain. 

She fell into silence for a moment as she trained her eyes out of the window. I hated it when she's too quiet and serious. 

"Drive me back home, Nicolai." Suddenly she said in a bored tone as she gave me a bored look. I saw sadness in her eyes and pain.

I heaved a heavy sigh. I involuntarily clench my jaw as I nodded.

"Okay."

We were both silent until I drop her off to their mansion. As soon as she's out of my car, I drove off heading nowhere.

I found myself in a bar.

........................................

I was in my six shot of Jack Daniels. I care no less with the harsh burning sensation of the liquid slithering inside my throat. It actually feels good. I could feel the alcohol slowly kicking in. 

The bartender in front of me who was luckily was one of my closest friend, a batch mate and co-varsity way back high school, Celvino Bravacci, an Italian/Greek who owns chains of bars in Greece and Italy, "Magnifico Longue and Bars". 

He loves bartending and he's a Eonologist. 

"So why the infamous hotelier is here alone tonight?" Celvino leans forward facing me with amusement plastered in his face.

"Shut up, Vino!" I snap at him, calling him with his nick name. He only chuckles as he straightened himself, and then motioned one of his bartender to attend the new comer who just seated- a couple stool away from me.

I was sitting at the bar, with my elbows resting on the counter of the bar, while drinking Jack Daniels till I get drunk and forget all what's happening to me and erase this unexplainable emotions.

"Problems, Petropoulis?" Vino kept pressing me and I just shrug my shoulder ignoring his attempt. If I know, he's just grasping something to mock me after.

"I have this feeling that you have problems with your heart, sýntrofos (mate)" Vino look straight into my eyes and I just gave him a bored look, feigning nonchalance.

Vino cocked up his eyebrow, then snorted. "I'm not an amateur to this scene, sýntrofos. I have seen this imagery quite many times. A depressed man drinking himself to oblivion, oblivious to all these hot sexy ladies trying to get his attention." He smirked mockingly. "You are definitely heart broken man, unless PP Holdings is in bankruptcy?" His eyes suddenly widened in realizations and I grab one lime wedge from the small bowl and threw it to him.