Fifteen-Photographs

I convinced my mom to pick me up from school instead of leaving with Ryan. I wasn't ready to talk to him quite yet. My mom didn't ask any questions as to why I wasn't going with Ryan, and I was thankful for that.

She had told me that we were going to Anna's house so all the girls could get ready. Which was okay with me. As long as I didn't have to see Ryan or Aiden, I would be fine.

We drove into Anna's driveway and I sighed. "Do I have to do this?" I asked my mom.

"Yes, you do." She answered. "Now go on. I don't want you running behind."

I groaned and got out of the car with my dress in my hands. Why do we have to do the pictures now? Don't normal people do them right before the wedding, so everyone is already dressed up?

Whatever. This isn't my wedding so I can't go around telling people what I do and don't like about it.

I walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. It opened a few moments later, revealing Kelly. She smiled at me.

"Hey Riley. Long time no talk." She said as she opened the door wider for me.

I walked in and smiled in return. "I've been busy."

"So, the girls are getting ready here and the guys are going to get ready at Roberts house." She explained as I followed her into the living room. The other girls were already here. I also noticed three different girls sitting on one of the couches.

Anna saw me and grinned. "Now we have everyone here!" She exclaimed. "Okay, so three of you will get your make up done while the other two are getting their hair done then you'll switch. Understood?" We all nodded. "Okay, so Jenna, Halle, and Riley, you girls get your make up done first. Just follow Lynn and Sarah to the other room." She said, also referring to two of the other girls. She turned towards Holly and Kelly. "You two follow Gabby to get your hair done."

And we were off. It all went by in a blur. I actually started dozing off while my hair was being curled. We weren't allowed to look in a mirror until we were completely finished getting ready, which was kind of frustrating. I've never curled my hair before and I wanted to know what it looks like.

After slipping on our dresses, everyone was finished getting ready. That's when we could look in the mirror at ourselves.

"Riley," Kelly breathed. "You look amazing!"

I glanced at myself in the mirror and my eyes widened. "Holy crap..."

I looked like an entirely different person. I actually had make up on, but it wasn't caked on. My hair was in soft curls that fell past my shoulders. I actually looked like...a girl.

Jenna smiled at me. "You look great Riley."

"I'm so jealous of your hair!" Holly exclaimed.

I felt myself blushing from all the attention everyone was giving me. "Thanks." I mumbled as I looked down.

Anna walked in and she just looked stunning. Her dress was...different. It was a knee length white dress. I expected an actual dress.

"Before anyone freaks out," Anna started. "My real wedding dress is being saved for the wedding day. I don't want Robert to see it yet, so I've decided on wearing a replacement for right now."

That's smart.

"Now let's get going. The boys are already making their way to the park." She told us. We all shuffled out of the front door and got into Anna's Expedition.

We arrived at Apodaca Park, which was a huge park filled with big trees. The grass was green and some trees had small white flowers covering them. It was a nice park. Nicer than the one I live near.