n i n e

Sierra Wilson

I woke up the next morning, feeling somewhat satisfied that Dillon isn't in bed with me.

Shawn had sent me a text telling me to meet him at Starbucks at 11.

I look at the clock and notice that I have about an hour to get ready.

Once I'm finished getting ready, I make my way downstairs, into the kitchen.

On the counter lays a crumpled yellow sticky note.

Sprawled across the note in blue ink, is Dillon's messy printing.

The note reads; hey babe, I had to leave early today, Sasha from work asked me to help her with something, also I'm not scheduled to come home until 10, bye.

Strange, I crumple the note and stash it away in my back pocket.

At 11 o' clock I open the front door and step out into the fresh fall morning air and take a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air.

Walking down the street I notice couples holding hands, stealing kisses and overall looking very happy.

They all look so happy to be together yet here I am with the suspicion that my boyfriend is cheating on me.

I ignore the happy couples and continue walking until the familiar coffee shop comes into sight.

I pull open the door and the delicious aroma of morning coffee fills my nose.

I look around the crowded room for a moment looking for Shawn.

I quickly spot him in a far corner booth at the back of the store, where it's quieter.

"Hey I smile, greeting Shawn.

I slide into the cool leather booth across from Shawn and take off my jacket.

"Hi Sierra" Shawn smiles.

"Here I got you coffee" he says, slipping a large cup across the table.

"Thank you" I say sending Shawn a warm smile, I place both my hands on the side of the cup instantly feeling the heat warm up my hands.

"So, should we get down to business?" Shawn says with a laugh.

"Yeah sure" I smile, I stare into his eyes for a moment before looking back down to my hands.

Soon a huge crowd enters the coffee shop and its harder to hear.

"Come on, let's go walk around" Shawn says, trying to speak over the loudness.

He offers me his hand and pulls me up from the booth and we walk out of the store hand in hand.

We begin walking down the sidewalk in no particular direction.

"So what happened yesterday after I left?" Shawn asks, he stares into my face intently, genuinely wanting to know.

"Ok so after you left, Dillon texted my back saying he would be late, again-."

"Wait, so I left for nothing" Shawn says, a pout forming on his lips.

"Aww I'm sorry Shawn, if I would have known I would have let you stay" I said, brushing my hand against his.

I look up and Shawn still has that pout formed on his lips.

"Shawn" I giggle, "were together now aren't we?" I say laughing at his pouty face.

"Yeah, anyway what happened next?"

"Well before Dillon came home I ordered food so once he came home we were say on the couch, I could smell perfume on his collar and uh he had a little issue, in his pants" I say, I look up to Shawn and his eyes are on mine.

"Sierra, that really sucks, we still can't say if he's cheating on you, yet but we will find out" Shawn says, placing a comforting hand on my cheek.

I say nothing and place a small kiss on Shawn's cheek.

He smiles and wraps his arm around me and we continue walking.

"Hey, it's getting kinda chilly out here, do you wanna come back to my place and we can make a plan of what to next?" I say, looking hopeful that Shawn will come over.

"Yeah sure, lets go."

-
Idk if I like this chapter, I wrote it like three times, I think this one was the best out of the three but oh well.

I'm just trying to lead up to some other stuff.

-meg xx