Chapter 10

Kaitlyn's POV

"I don't think you're a terrible person," Ross smiled.

"Yeah Kaitlyn you're awesome," Ryland added.

"Thanks guys," I smiled, and pulled them into a hug.

"Ryland," Riker's voice sounded from the hallway. We turned around, and Riker entered the room. "I'm sorry Ry," he admitted. Ryland stayed silent. "Come on Ryland please talk to me," he begged.

"Ryland," I said softly. Ryland looked at me, then at Riker.

"I forgive you," Ryland frowned. Riker smiled, and hugged Ryland. It him a minute, but Ryland hugged back.

They pulled away, and Riker looked at me. Oh great he heard me.

"We'll talk later," Riker sighed. I nodded, and looked down at the floor. We all walked downstairs, and the crib was assembled.

"We're done," Ellington huffed, and laid down on the floor.

"Hey smart guys," Rydel announced.

"What?" Riker, Rocky, and Elington said unison.

"Shouldn't you have built the crib upstairs?" she smiled. I laughed, as Riker slapped his forehead.

"You tell us this now," he growled.

"Yeah I was gonna tell you earlier but," she paused,"I forgot." Riker rolled his eyes, and Ellington stood up.

"Well lets carry it up the stairs," Rocky sighed. Rydel, Ross, Ryland, and I sat there and watched them try to get the crib up the stairs. It took them 30 minutes but they got it.

It was around 8 o'clock when Dalton decided to wake up. I went into the guest room, and got the crying baby out of his crib. Everyone was in the kitchen eating dinner, and I sat in the living room, and rocked him a bit. 

Riker came in, and looked at me. I looked at him, as Dalton's crying died down.

"Will you hold him while I go make a bottle?" I asked.

"Sure," he yawned, and took Dalton from my arms.

Riker's POV

 I sat down in my recliner, with Dalton in my arms. Dalton stared at me, as we gently rocked back and forth. He started to wiggle around in my arms, and lifted him so his head was on my chest. 

I rubbed his back as he continued to look up at me.

"Can I help you?" I chuckled. He did nothing but drool on my shirt, and smile. "You're lucky you're cute," I smiled. Soon Kaitlyn came back in with a bottle.

"I'll feed him," I offered.

"Oh," she paused,"Okay." She handed me the bottle, and I fed it to him. Kaitlyn watched closely, and gave her a questioning look.

"Make sure you cradle his head," she pointed out.

"I know," I chuckled. Soon enough the bottle of formula was empty. I burped Dalton, and wiped his face clean of any left over milk. Kaitlyn took the bottle to the kitchen, and then she came back.

"Can I hold him?" She asked.

"Sure," I replied, and handed Dalton to her. She sat on the couch, and smiled at Dalton. Dalton smiled back, and started chewing on his fist. My siblings came in, then went down to the basement to go ply the kinect.

Once they all went downstairs, I turned to Kaitlyn. 

"You're not a terrible person," I admitted. Kaitlyn sighed then looked at me.

"Yes I am," she frowned,"If it weren't for me, none of you would be in harms way."

"Kaitlyn we all know what we're getting into," I sighed,"That's why we're here."

"I-," she began,"I just don't want anyone getting hurt." I stood up, and sat down next to her.

"Everything will be fine Kaitlyn," I cooed, and wrapped my arms around her. Tears rolled down her face, as she put her head on my shoulder. Dalton squealed really loud, and we both looked at him. He sneezed, which caused us to giggle.

"You know you're really good with him," I smiled.

"I am?" she asked.

"Yeah," I replied,"You treat him like he's your own son."

"Is that bad?" she asked worriedly.

"No," I chuckled,"I think it'd be better if we treated him like our own."

"Okay," she smiled, and looked at me, "Riker?"

"Yes Kaitlyn," I replied.

"I," she paused,"I love our family."

"Our family?" I wondered," Me, you, and Dalton?"

"No," she smiled,"Me, you, Dalton, Rocky, Ryland, Ross, Rydel, and Ellington. Wait Ellington is not our child. He's the boy next door who's over all the time."

"Okay," I laughed," Kaitlyn, I want you to promise me something."

"What is it?" she asked.

"Promise me that you'll never cut again," I stated. 

________________

Hello World!! I hope everyone is having a fabulous day, and I hope you all enjoyed the chapter.

Please Comment & Vote

Happy Holidays! - Sydney