Chapter 15

**Steph's dress**

Stephanie's POV

I watch as the tiny woman in front of me inspects me from head to toe, occasionally moving around me. I stand stiff as a board as she cocks an expertly plucked eyebrow, and begins to speak to the woman next to her who has a notebook in her arms to take notes.

"She's skinny, but not to much. She has beautiful porcelain skin, but it could use a polish at the spa. She's a redhead, so we need to make sure to stick to soft colors, but we might get away with some vibrancy in greens and reds." The tiny woman said in a surprisingly strong voice with a British accent.

I was mad. Here was some random woman picking me apart as if I wasn't a person, but an object. Granted, most of her words were quite flattering, but could she speak like I was a person that was actually in the room?

It all started this morning when Collin, Noah, and Blake came into my suite at 10 in the morning. Amy, Jess, and I were super sleepy because the night before we'd gone to sleep at 3 a.m. watching movie after movie. The boys looked rested, so I figured they were smarter than us and went to sleep early.

They gave us fresh, homemade donuts and coffee from a nearby bakery, and sat us down to talk.

"So, the Starlight party is on Christmas eve, but there's another party we have to attend before that one. It's a movie premier for Taking the Groom. The studio made me do some songs for its soundtrack, so now they want me to go the premier for publicity leading up to the Starlight party. There are also some photo shoots to do, and you need clothes for each of these events. So, I've called my stylist, Helga, and she will be here in the afternoon to get a feel for each of you girls and to take measurements. Sound good?" Collin tells us.

Amy, Jess, and I look at each other, then we looked back at Collin and nodded. He smiled, and then he and the boys left to go get fitted for tuxedos and to go to meetings with their agents.

Now here Amy, Jess, and I are watching the tiny woman called Helga dehumanizes us with her little comments. I know just by looking at Jess that she's very close to exploding and chocking the woman's neck.

Helga moves over to Amy and begins saying, " Tan skin, but it could use exfoliation. Long, black hair that can be very versatile. Tall stature, but it's ruined with her horrible American posture."

Amy glares at her, but Helga pays no mind and moves over to Jess who looks very close to her breaking point.

"Beautiful Hispanic skin. Long, tan model legs. We should definitely go for sexy as often as possible. Smoky colors and vibrancy will work well, but no soft colors and absolutely no yellow." She says.

Jess takes a deep breath, but it doesn't calm her down and she opens her mouth.

"Look here, honey. I am a person, and so are my friends! You have something to say about me, then speak like I'm in the freaking room!"

Helga looks at shocked, like she can't believe Jess could talk back to her. Amy and I smirk, and Jess crosses her arms. Then, out of nowhere, Helga breaks out into a grin.

"I was starting to give up hope that you guys had a backbone! Thank God you finally spoke up." She says.

Amy, Jess, and I look at each other and then at her, completely confused. Helga laughs and motions for us to sit with her on the couches.

"Those boys always use me whenever they have dates to dress. So I invented a little game to see if they had an independent mind, or if they were sweet talkers that only cared about the boys' fame and money. You girls are the first ones to speak up and not apologize right after. That more than anything shows me you have a backbone and won't let anyone mess with you for the sake of getting friends in high places." Helga says earnestly.