Chapter 6

*pic on the side by sabz4lyf*

********

“I think I better leave right now

Before I fall any deeper.”

Chapter 6

“There is nothing to talk about.” I angrily spat out, trying to snatch my wrist back from his grasp, but he had an iron grip on it. I could no longer feel the tingles from out skin contact. A sharp pain shot up my arm. I didn’t flinch, or cry out. He didn’t even realize that he was hurting me.

“There is plenty to talk about.” He said, not even flinching at my tone. He dragged me through the empty hallway, up the stairs and into his office. As I walked behind him I noticed how his muscles showed through his tee, and man was he toned. Everything about him was sexy.

I groaned internally, even if he wasn’t my mate I think that I would have still admired his perfect body, his breathtaking handsomeness.

I didn’t even bother looking around the office. I kept my gaze low, as he shut the door and walked to his desk. Taking a seat down.

“Now let’s get this straight mate.” He sarcastically.

Laughing I questioned, “Mate?”

He didn’t say anything.

“I am not your mate Alpha, are you delusional?” I don’t know where the strength came from to talk to him like this, with so much confidence and conviction.

I didn’t dare raise my eyes to meet his stormy blue ones. That would only make me come undone.

“Delusional? No.” he began, giving a chuckle that turned my insides to mush “But you are my mate, regardless if I want you or not Sage you need me.” He said arrogantly.

“Need you?” I questioned.

I needed him?

Wait.

What?

Need, he doesn’t know what I need. And if I needed someone who doesn’t want me then I must be really insane.

I needed him.

I really needed him.

He didn’t realize how much.

God I needed him.

I wanted to cry, it was so true. He was the one who was supposed to comfort me, tell me it was all going to be okay. Kiss away the memories that were too dark for me to cope with. Tell me that I’m not pathetic, that his my life now and I was all he needed. Because he was.

I wanted to…. I don’t know. Just.

I don’t need him.

I couldn’t be here anymore. He was doing things to me, like making me feel all these different emotions at once. Emotions are tricky. They make you do foolish things.

I could feel his eyes on me, trying to decipher what I was all about.

I needed to run.

“I don’t need you Alpha.” I said eventually.

“On the contrary Sage, I think you do. And I think you know you do.”

“Are you offering yourself to me Alpha?” I asked, wiping any evidence of emotion from my face, from my eyes. I looked up at him, his stormy eyes reminding me of the colour of the ocean when it storms, dark and unforgiving.

For a moment I got lost in them, they sought to suck me in until all I needed was to look into them for everything to just be okay. But nothing was going to be okay. His eyes will not help me in anyway. He won’t help me in anyway.

I don’t need him.

Before he could answer I continued, “Have you changed your mind?” I asked again.

“No.” he said immediately.

“Then leave me the fuck alone, I’ve been doing just fine without you and I’m certainly sure I will survive without you. So get you head out of the fucking clouds. I’m not going to need you. I’m not going to beg you to reconsider. I won’t ask you for anything, I won’t touch you. I won’t look at you. I won’t need you.” I rushed out. Ignoring the pain searing through my heart as the words fell out.

He just looked at me, his face blank. Before he stood up and walked slowly towards me. What kind of sick joke was he playing at?

 He grabbed my chin roughly, “I think you’re forgetting that you’re talking to an Alpha.” He said calmly. “Now, I suggest you think about what you’ve just said. Because when you do need me Sage, I won’t be there.”

I was about to protest like I have been doing. I have no idea where the strength to stand up to him came from. Now that I think about I was trembling, just been in such close proximity to him, his sent surrounded me, Citrus, woodsy and masculine. It wrapped around me, suffocating me. I was finding it hard to stand upright, his hand was still in my chin keeping it there so that I looked into his ocean blue eyes, which held a piercing gaze as if he was trying to see right through me, as if he was trying to capture my soul. A soul that belonged to him the moment it claimed him as my mate.

Who was I kidding?

He would become my undoing.

“You don’t want me.” My voice shaky, who was I trying to convince? Me or him?

“And you want me?” he smirked, looking at me as If he won some game.

“No. I don’t want you. I Sage Drew Re…”

“Don’t you even think about finishing that sentence.” He growled an Alpha command behind it.

I had Alpha blood in me so I didn’t feel compelled, but he was my Alpha I had submitted to him so I had to obey.

“Get the fuck out of here.”